European or Chinese sparklers?

Lastfling

Your first image is really the only “true image” Lastfling.

Here is the thing with Akro “Sparklers”.

I think that many get locked in to a certain look and certain color combos. I advise you to research the full boxes that are in collections, rare but available to see and inspect on the interweb and a few books as well.

This is where books come in handy. Most of the books are older, when boxes like these were “more available”. Many of these boxes have passed hands since these books were printed but the farther back you go with boxes—the better.

The color combos that you may find in the research may make you think that the one on the right may be an Akro imho.

This is just my opinion and I always respect the opinions of others.

Marble—On!!

59 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Your first image is really the only “true image” Lastfling.

Here is the thing with Akro “Sparklers”.

I think that many get locked in to a certain look and certain color combos. I advise you to research the full boxes that are in collections, rare but available to see and inspect on the interweb and a few books as well.

This is where books come in handy. Most of the books are older, when boxes like these were “more available”. Many of these boxes have passed hands since these books were printed but the farther back you go with boxes—the better.

The color combos that you may find in the research may make you think that the one on the right may be an Akro imho.

This is just my opinion and I always respect the opinions of others.

Marble—On!!

Akro sparkler @ 1"   :blink:  not sayin they don't exist ??

5 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

The one on the right is one of best European Sparklers color combo I’ve seen. Top shelf in my opinion 🔥

Thanks - I bought the pair about 20 years ago.  Saw them sitting with a bunch of other smalls in an antique store, really liked them and the price was more than right. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lastfling said:

I think Chinese but saw some European that looked similar so thought I’d throw out for some opinions!  Both are 1”.  Both  have  some response to black light.

D71AB082-021E-4CA3-BBE2-D68F5A720853.jpeg

7F0F0E42-0B34-4EBE-B82C-83C881D77E89.jpeg

Yes Euro Sparklers 

Made in France 

Just have 2 pictures at the moment 

Will make more and post em as examples

20230128_114714.jpg

20230128_114823.jpg

20 hours ago, Lastfling said:

I think Chinese but saw some European that looked similar so thought I’d throw out for some opinions!  Both are 1”.  Both  have  some response to black light.

D71AB082-021E-4CA3-BBE2-D68F5A720853.jpeg

7F0F0E42-0B34-4EBE-B82C-83C881D77E89.jpeg

Some more examples 🤹‍♂️😃👍🏻

20230210_155433.jpg

20230210_154552.jpg

20230210_154642.jpg

20230210_154746.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Over 20 years ago, before ebay integrated all the countries into one system, I had to use word translator to deal with ebay Germany and France or other country's sellers. I would need to send cash because paypal wasn't availed as well. I also needed to instruct sellers how to ship via Deutsche post (DHL) without costing and arm and a leg, otherwise DHL would rob you unless you did it right. That all was a bit tricky especially giving comprehensive instructions in using DHL and sending cash was risky..

Anyways, while I could never prove these were made in France, that's where the majority these 1" and 3/4" with, not all, but mostly pastel colors would show up at; ebay.fr.. I have not looked or checked for origin in all these years but, could not find glass factories or glass manufactures in France with or without marbles then. I forget today but I used translated words such as German marblen? or French Billies? translations, 'Glass Marbles, Toy Marbles and anything else to discover what they called em. So, if anybody wants to hunt; use translated descriptions. 

The internet has enlarged greatly since so, in the least, glass manufactures are probably within reach now, yet, may or may not show marble companies because it's the bottle collectors who've been searching for glass manufactures since the 60-70's.

The best of these are quite colorful, like a flower 'Sparkler' with many filaments inside. I have seen 5/8" that are just as colorful too.

I only have 3, one 1" and two 3/4"and just one, pastel colored, is in full, as it were, bloom. I can't remember but, I may have acquired others whenever I got from France, but look the same as those thought to be German so, they are mixed in the piles of like kind. .