Guessing Ravenswood on All

marblenewbie

18 hours ago, Ric said:

I'm thinking three Champions.

15 hours ago, marblenewbie said:

Thanks, Rick.  Nothing like being 100% wrong.

I hope that you guys know each other.

This was a bad response if you do not know Ric marblenewbie.

It gives me and most--- a bad taste regardless.

Lighten it up a bit--Please---

Marble--On!!

Sorry Art if you got the wrong impression, that was self-deprecating, meaning I am 100% wrong like usual.  Let me apologize to both of you if you got the wrong impression.  I certainly have not been critical of any of the veteran marble collectors in here as I am a novice and have learned so much from all of you.  I would have quit collecting a year ago if it hadn't been for this club.

• Like 1
  • Care 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marblenewbie said:

Sorry Art if you got the wrong impression, that was self-deprecating, meaning I am 100% wrong like usual.  Let me apologize to both of you if you got the wrong impression.  I certainly have not been critical of any of the veteran marble collectors in here as I am a novice and have learned so much from all of you.  I would have quit collecting a year ago if it hadn't been for this club.

Ric, as well as all of us----- spend our time doing our best here.
It is always our best opinion--right or wrong.
Respect is the thing that we all consider in all of our posts here. The written word has no real question about emotion but it has to be considered before it is posted. 
Edit before your posts and consider it from a variety of angles before you post it—I always try to do so and I do fail sometimes, I will admit.
You did well to reconsider and you posted a great response. My hat is off to you for that!
Thank you--- and of course—
Marble—On!!

• Like 1

That’s how I read it. I’m 100% wrong a lot!

• Thanks 1

I agree Art. There is no face to face here when you don't even know what it would be like to actually talk if we met. So many members know each other in that capacity. All it kinda comes down to the Key Board Connection. Here's any idea for an activity at a marble show. Sling Shot Alley. 1000 marbles or more and chase soup cans starting at 10 feet. Who ever ends up hitting the can the farthest wins a Golden Soup Can. No kids allowed🔥

Self defense sling shot ammo. I had a house in Colorado in the country. Twice a year there was a ranch that moved their cattle to the high and then brought them back down. I would get stragglers for a day or 2. I woke up one morning and my dog's going NUTZ. There's a bull pissing in front of my truck. Wrist Rocket in hand. I had now mercy. Other neighbors shot the rubber riot loads at them. I wonder who will dig those up. 

Although I'll admit I thought it an odd response, and considered the possibility that it was somehow directed at me, I usually give people the benefit of the doubt and figured you didn't actually expect me to tell you something I don't believe is true just to protect your ego. So I wasn't offended in the least. I know learning to ID marbles is not an easy thing and can be frustrating as heck - I've been working on it for decades and I'm still often wrong. Just keep at it and keep it fun - after all, they're only marbles.

• Award 1