Dug transparent PPP

Fire1981

Yeah, no, I also have one like your 1st, I acquired from Mike B., except it's 7/8" and Dark green. Without back lighting, it's Translucent and striated like no Peltier I've ever seen. The cut lines are straight and striated lines are vertical against them.  Had I gathered it in the wild would have never guessed by any means, not even the flow of the glass, deduced it to be made by Peltier. Or for that matter, no other marble is made like it. 

Only for the facts of Mike's expeditions and collection from the plant site I know it's really weird, a Peltier Like no other. 

It, at first, appears to have a translucent white patch like yours, yet on close exanimation it's the way the surface reflects the translucent green striations, on one pole, makes it seem so. 

If I back light it, as you have, then it appears just as clear and bubbly, pretty much the same albeit, a forest green verses blue. 

So, I would suggest, if anybody were to discover this verity that's not dug then, perhaps while you may have not noticed within, try to visualize the glass flow and cut lines I can easily see because there's some translucent in my green, that might have the same pattern it has, but have not realized, might be in the clear colorless and other colors. 

3 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Bad pic. No green glass 🔥

Huh?. I said that Mine is green. I'd shoot a photo but I don't think it will pick up the translucent green striations, rather just look green that you can't see through.  And I meant to correct my last post. It doesn't go vertical, I meant to say diagnal. .  Now imagine that: 'Diagonal' through the center, who ever heard of a marble doing that? 

5 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

There’s a 3/4” JABO Classic circa 1996 or so that really looks just like the original pic, but no way it would be dug so just has to be a coincidence/lookalike.

Fodder to the fire: I have a presumably 1960's from Paden City dump site, Dug up Marble King, 1" solid black with the same white (translucent/semi-opaque) patch.