Does this Alley Tater belong to the "Lady" line? ("Red Lady")

rockgardenplants

No not even close to any Tater bug. All the Alley Lady marbles has a separate color of lavender or pink. There is no Red Lady. Every Alley Tater Bug has a yellow/tan opaque color base glass.

Lady Tater

DSC01843.JPG.13d75c7119e262ab1e30271a9f42d149.JPG  

• Like 1
  • Award 1

34 minutes ago, rockgardenplants said:

Got it. Thanks, Ron.

What defines a "tater bug"?

Primarily, it's the "yellow/tan opaque color base glass" that Ron mentioned - there can be additional purple or green colors too and some have a rice-like piece of frit on them. Here are a couple of more . . .

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2020_11/Ric637.jpg.3d93dab544a3ade03d03476c65bb83a8.jpg

Lady Taters have the lavender/pink striping color . . .

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2022_08/Ric614.jpg.ad65b6d61d680fb981f2b006b9f683f4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Award 1

OK. I finally understand one more little piece of marble identification! It's a long process, but worth it.

By the way, the marble I posted photos of has a piece of frit on the surface. It shows in the third photo from the top in the lower-left to left-center of the marble. I thought that's what defined a "tater bug".

14 minutes ago, rockgardenplants said:

. . . By the way, the marble I posted photos of has a piece of frit on the surface. It shows in the third photo from the top in the lower-left to left-center of the marble. I thought that's what defined a "tater bug".

Not all Tater Bugs have that bit of frit and I have found it on other types of marbles too.

Here is the thing with the OP. It is a Jabo imho—maybe a contract run or maybe a “classic”—Size always matters.
I just love the names that you WV folks came up with—“Lady Tator”—really?? Love it.
I remember back a few years, these things were going wild on Ebay—just wild!
I found one in a “junk drawer” lot for $15—not $300—lol.
They are just killer marbles—just killer!!
Marble—On!!    

Tator 1.jpg

Tator 2.jpg