Marble Id help 4

MeSurprise

I don't see anything here worth $1.00 each.  No big collector value here, just common routine marbles found most places.  You can find them in almost every antique store in a quart jar with a price tag of $20.00-$40.00 and they sit there for the next ten years.  

I knew that I should have not put a dollar value on them. They may be worth $1000.00 each to someone. But find that someone. I put value or worth on marbles as to what I have seen them selling for in the last year. Not what they were listed for or asking price and not just one.  I could make a long list of different values other than cash. But the bottom line is, if you want to or are selling, or asking if anything good, or what they are worth. The dollar value is what someone is willing to pay for that item that day. Depends on the eyes but any or every marble may be good or nice to someone in some manner. But receiving money for the same marble may be totally different.  Good, nice, worth, value, can have many different meanings to different people. But the true cash value is what someone will pay for the item at that time. If you like them and don't need any more money. It is simple keep them, no matter what they are.  It makes no difference what they are $1.00 each or $1000.00 each.  Probably all collectors of two years or more has marbles that have a cash value of $1.00 or less but will not sell for $100.00 or maybe $1000.00. I know I do and most collectors that I know have them.  But they may only have that value or worth to one person.  That is not what I consider a actual worth or value of the marble.  Some people may say great or nice or a keeper, but how much actual cash will they offer or pay you for it ?  Most times nothing. Or direct you to someplace to sell it for a great or nice price within the next month ?  Keep them, give them away, trade them for anything, or sell them for cash. But depending on what you are doing with them can make a difference. I assumed the owner wanted to know if their marbles had a dollar value or worth.  Most people don't want to give away a $100.00 or more marble to kids for play. When people buy or sell marbles they sure have a dollar worth or value.  Most times, if they are selling it is always high and if they are buying it is always low.  The marbles cash worth is what you can sell it for at that time.  Toy marbles are just round pieces of stone, clay, or glass, made for children's play.  

• Like 1
  • Award 2

7 hours ago, wvrons said:

I knew that I should have not put a dollar value on them. They may be worth $1000.00 each to someone. But find that someone. I put value or worth on marbles as to what I have seen them selling for in the last year. Not what they were listed for or asking price and not just one.  I could make a long list of different values other than cash. But the bottom line is, if you want to or are selling, or asking if anything good, or what they are worth. The dollar value is what someone is willing to pay for that item that day. Depends on the eyes but any or every marble may be good or nice to someone in some manner. But receiving money for the same marble may be totally different.  Good, nice, worth, value, can have many different meanings to different people. But the true cash value is what someone will pay for the item at that time. If you like them and don't need any more money. It is simple keep them, no matter what they are.  It makes no difference what they are $1.00 each or $1000.00 each.  Probably all collectors of two years or more has marbles that have a cash value of $1.00 or less but will not sell for $100.00 or maybe $1000.00. I know I do and most collectors that I know have them.  But they may only have that value or worth to one person.  That is not what I consider a actual worth or value of the marble.  Some people may say great or nice or a keeper, but how much actual cash will they offer or pay you for it ?  Most times nothing. Or direct you to someplace to sell it for a great or nice price within the next month ?  Keep them, give them away, trade them for anything, or sell them for cash. But depending on what you are doing with them can make a difference. I assumed the owner wanted to know if their marbles had a dollar value or worth.  Most people don't want to give away a $100.00 or more marble to kids for play. When people buy or sell marbles they sure have a dollar worth or value.  Most times, if they are selling it is always high and if they are buying it is always low.  The marbles cash worth is what you can sell it for at that time.  Toy marbles are just round pieces of stone, clay, or glass, made for children's play.  

It seems to me that the dollar value of their marbles is why folks inquire here.  Marbles look so cool, organized and sorted, or just in a big circle.  They look valuable!  How can they not be?  Especially if they are from an old collection.  I actually thought mine were not worth much of anything, in spite of my brother saying that some had some value.  I was completely correct!!  And if I had kids to give them to, I would.  I actually tried but those kids are from a family of collectors and did not want take them away from me, because of the sentimental value they had!  "We can't take those!  Those are yours!", they said enthusiastically!  It was a very surprising and wonderful response by them.  They would only trade! 

I've wandered off.  I support your statements as to the value of marbles in question, these or others.  Typed responses may seen short or dismissive, that is their root failing.  It takes a lot of effort to type something that doesn't sound that way...look at me here!!  And I am still not sure I got my ideas out the best way!

Value is so subjective.  I honestly collect based solely on eye appeal.  If there is a marble out in the wild or hidden in a lot on ebay that attracts my attention and it happens to be worth $400, then that's amazing of course.  But I like what I like.  There are some very expensive marbles I don't find appealing at all and don't collect (at least not at this point).  It's really all about what YOU like. 

To be completely honest, there are some imperials in that last photo that I personally like, but many would consider "junk".