Vacor De Mexico

Joe2

Yeah, the vintage-patch-looking  Vacors fascinate me. 

And I still maintain there's a clown out there wearing the name "Master" because it fooled some of the bigger names in marbles. 

3 hours ago, Steph said:

Yeah, the vintage-patch-looking  Vacors fascinate me. 

And I still maintain there's a clown out there wearing the name "Master" because it fooled some of the bigger names in marbles. 

Do you ever replay a post in your head when you're not in a place that you can log on and fix it?  

This post should have said a Clownfish  masquerading as a STUPENDOUS Master.  Which is no big deal, right? Happens on eBay frequently, right?  But this misidentified Vacor Clownfish happens to be enshrined on a popular collecting page.  I can't remember the address right now but every time I run across it again I get grumbly.  ;)

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Wow, those are killer patches. Do they have a name?

Off to Hobby Lobby I go!

Marble--On!!

They are super amazing!!  I posted in the vacor facebook group to see if they have a name and no one knows so far.  I'm going back tomorrow to get more nets and hoping I find more of them!  Hobby Lobby has small nets for $1.27 (25 marbles) and larger nets for $2.99 (50 marbles).  

• Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2023 at 4:40 PM, Steph said:

Do you ever replay a post in your head when you're not in a place that you can log on and fix it?  

This post should have said a Clownfish  masquerading as a STUPENDOUS Master.  Which is no big deal, right? Happens on eBay frequently, right?  But this misidentified Vacor Clownfish happens to be enshrined on a popular collecting page.  I can't remember the address right now but every time I run across it again I get grumbly.  ;)

I really want to see this post to which you are referring. Were you able to recall where it is?

8 hours ago, Kimbernugs said:

I really want to see this post to which you are referring. Were you able to recall where it is?

Here it is. 

The article:  https://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/an-interview-with-antique-marble-collector-alan-basinet/

The marble in question.   Still a stupendous Clownfish to me.  Not a stupendous Master:  

FromCollectorsWeeklyArticle_hmm.jpg