Pelt Oxblood

Fire1981

I think it could be oxblood.  Turquoise glass is where I most often see accidental oxblood occur.    I don't know the right chemical names, but somewhere in the neighborhood of copper oxide and/or cupric oxide and/or cuprous oxide ... those are involved in making turquoise glass and in making oxblood.  

Hi here is mine that is similar I thought it was oxblood ,but got the impression on AAM that it is not, there is 14 pages on there showing a wide range of different shades of what others are calling pelt oxblood ,I cant find It at the moment but Ron S had sold two MCS that later the buyer had them ID as oxblood but Ron did not list them as so when selling them because of the variation on other collectors thoughts on what is and what isn’t pelt oxblood  

E0442039-F67A-4808-8A5F-89CABD6417F3.jpeg

A7BA1CFA-2B05-41B8-ADAB-1A418449C333.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dave 13 said:

Hi here is mine that is similar I thought it was oxblood ,but got the impression on AAM that it is not, there is 14 pages on there showing a wide range of different shades of what others are calling pelt oxblood ,I cant find It at the moment but Ron S had sold two MCS that later the buyer had them ID as oxblood but Ron did not list them as so when selling them because of the variation on other collectors thoughts on what is and what isn’t pelt oxblood  

E0442039-F67A-4808-8A5F-89CABD6417F3.jpeg

A7BA1CFA-2B05-41B8-ADAB-1A418449C333.jpeg

I'm still calling yours ox in my mind.  We all have our own opinions and, though I've forgotten the details,  from what I learned about the chemistry from Brian Graham long ago I just happen to be of the opinion that your Peltier likely contains glass which has the same chemical composition as MFC or Akro oxblood.  

JMHO!

2 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

I know there was a recent thread about Pelt Oxblood on a MCS. Chad ? Did you post that pic? 🔥

RAR

This one ?? Not my marble, one of Terry's, but the exact same color combo & just like the only one I ever had. In hand I could tell ya 100 on your OP but ??

image.png.31f9282b731530631a210e4d0479bef2.png

image.png.9b8c7f9ff12dc01628e82de0784711c3.png

image.png.3953fe685bdfd4774213e4f05dbfae54.png

image.png.535e15614ed154f14652c98cf3ed9b9f.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steph said:

I'm still calling yours ox in my mind.  We all have our own opinions and, though I've forgotten the details,  from what I learned about the chemistry from Brian Graham long ago I just happen to be of the opinion that your Peltier likely contains glass which has the same chemical composition as MFC or Akro oxblood.  

JMHO!

Hi thanks for your input Steph 👍much appreciated 

10 hours ago, Chad G. said:

This one ??

This one for sure.

The yellow babyblue and white MCS show up with ox more than any other in my experience.

I have seen "John Deere" with buried ox.

Here is a weird little "Rainbo" with an Ox stripe--you never know!

Marble--On!!

Simple rainbo final.jpg

• Like 2