Curious how to tell golden dragons from bees?

mibby wonka

1 hour ago, Al Oregon said:

Not sure if those are even Peltier?

They are all Pelts Al, imho at least 
Two are more simple Rainbos, one is more complex imho--maybe a NLR. 
marble--On!!

6 hours ago, mibby wonka said:

Would these not be red bees?

The name game with Pelts gets me confused as well. 
I cannot really say that "simple" or more common Rainbos make the mark as far as the "Red Bee" category goes, or the Red Dragon either with the top notch "Peltheads"(Hardcore Pelt collectors) 
There are plenty of "Rainbos" out there with names though. 
It was way easier when there were more NLR's around to find. 
Hardley anything was named in the "Rainbo" family then, it was NLR or bust. ( of course there was the "Miller Machine" argument as well"). 
I have had plenty of "Millers" pass through my hands and I still believe that they are a different marble, from a different process. 
When I started collecting, "Millers" were the hot item and NLR’s were just an afterthought. It was just as NLR and "Rainbos" are now. "Rainbos" are more commonly collected today because the supply of the others has melted down into collections. 

I would call yours "Red Bees". 

This is the older collectors that had an ample supply of the originals vs the newer collectors that do not. I for one will not stand in the way of the newer collectors. 
The "Golden Dragons" have a much brighter yellow and a more transparent red to them.(and then we get into the "Dragons"---enough said) 

Ramble On!! 

I appreciate all opinions--New collectors and old (not that old-:dunno:) collectors as well. 

I just hope that some hard-nosed Peltheads chime in.

Marble--On!! 

Golden dragons have flaming orange in the ribbons while Red Bees have just red ribbons. Ribbons on a Red Bee can be transparent as long as no av, any av content and it's a Ruby bee. Golden dragons have no av. "but" there probably is one w/ it I've just never seen one.

image.png.7d406d9b0b0d5487c5bc681d09c6fbb3.png

Ruby Bee (w/ av in the Red Ribbons)

image.png.6950137153fc08b5e1cc851c5ba08864.png

Here is a Red Bee I have, but they can have a bright yellow base and look exactly like a Ruby Bee the only difference being no av content in the red ribbons, There are exceptions as in every marble, here there and everywhere in between.

image.thumb.png.b81da099da0f534835941624156f446c.png

• Award 1

2 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Golden dragons have flaming orange in the ribbons while Red Bees have just red (can be transparent as long as no av, any av content and it's a Ruby bee)

Thanks Chad,

It seems like we just went through this--danged if I could find it today.

Marble--On!!