Blue and yellow shooters

Melissa

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Nice marbles. The Alley is a fairly common one from St. Mary's.

And the Pelt is 109/128" while the Alley is 125/128" 🤣

I don't know how to read that thing, which is why I post pictures.  :character-smileys-238:

3 hours ago, Melissa said:

I don't know how to read that thing, which is why I post pictures.  :character-smileys-238:

I was goofing with you, Melissa. All you need to do is look where the "0" on the 1/128th scale up top lines up with the 1/16" scale on the ruler. So you can see, for the Pelt, the "0" lines up between the 13/16" and 14/16", so I would say that one is just shy of 7/8". For the Alley, the "0" lines up between the 15/16" and 1" marks so I would say that one is just shy of 1".

Forget about the 1/128" - it's way too precise for marbles. Heck, manufacturers accuracy was barely under 1/16".

• Award 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ric said:

I was goofing with you, Melissa. All you need to do is look where the "0" on the 1/128th scale up top lines up with the 1/16" scale on the ruler. So you can see, for the Pelt, the "0" lines up between the 13/16" and 14/16", so I would say that one is just shy of 7/8". For the Alley, the "0" lines up between the 15/16" and 1" marks so I would say that one is just shy of 1".

Forget about the 1/128" - it's way too precise for marbles. Heck, manufacturers accuracy was barely under 1/16".

And not only their accuracy being barely under 1/16", that was considered quite acceptable for the production.