Peltier Superman Marble Giveaway

πŸŒžπŸŽ‰ Summer Marble Giveaway! πŸŽ‰πŸŒž

Hey fellow marble maniacs! To celebrate the launch of our software, I'm giving away a mint Peltier National Line Rainbo Superman marble to one lucky winner! 🌈✨

🎁Join the excitement from Friday, June 16, to Sunday, June 25, and you could be the proud owner of this top-shelf beauty! Open to all legal residents of the US who are 18 years or older.

Spread the word, tag your marble-loving friends, and let them know about this epic opportunity! After all, sharing is caring, and who wouldn't want to be the envy of their fellow collectors?

πŸŒπŸ”— Simply click the link below to enter:

πŸ‘‰ https://nichibles.com/peltier-superman-giveaway

Don't forget to return daily to get extra entries!

Got any questions? Shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to help. Good luck, everyone! πŸŽ‰

PeltSuperman.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

This is my very first giveaway - I got so excited I forgot to give some context:

Β 

What is this about?

Β 

The giveaway is really about 2 things - it is a promotional giveaway to hopefully bring some attention to our product launch whichΒ is a way to classify and organize marbles, but it is also a fun way to say "thanks" to the forums that have been so instrumental in the growth and development of our marble passion!

There's a lot to say about the software, so I should probably do a post separate from the giveaway with details. But if you want to just jump right in, you can see a live demo at https://app.nichibles.com/demo-login or read about it at https://nichibles.com/faq/

The rules are posted at the bottom of the giveaway page but it is free to all US residents 18 and older. Once it goes active on June 16, the giveaway page will show all the ways to get free entries - like visiting our social media pages or subscribing to our newsletter.

Β 

the link says it is closed???

Β 

I posted a few days early to make sure people had a heads-up of when it starts. It starts June 16 at 12:00AM ET and runs until June 25 at 11PM. It automatically opens and closes at those dates/times.

As I said, this is the first giveaway (hopefully of many more) so please do ask questions or give feedback on what you think!
Β 

13 hours ago, Noodleloaf said:

This is my very first giveaway - I got so excited I forgot to give some context:

The giveaway is really about 2 things - it is a promotional giveaway to hopefully bring some attention to our product launch whichΒ is a way to classify and organize marbles, but it is also a fun way to say "thanks" to the forums that have been so instrumental in the growth and development of our marble passion!

There's a lot to say about the software, so I should probably do a post separate from the giveaway with details. But if you want to just jump right in, you can see a live demo at https://app.nichibles.com/demo-login or read about it at https://nichibles.com/faq/

The rules are posted at the bottom of the giveaway page but it is free to all US residents 18 and older. Once it goes active on June 16, the giveaway page will show all the ways to get free entries - like visiting our social media pages or subscribing to our newsletter.

I posted a few days early to make sure people had a heads-up of when it starts. It starts June 16 at 12:00AM ET and runs until June 25 at 11PM. It automatically opens and closes at those dates/times.

As I said, this is the first giveaway (hopefully of many more) so please do ask questions or give feedback on what you think!
Β 

Β 

Quick note: In the FAQ, under "Why Nichibles", it only mentions marbles.Β  :)Β Β 

In the demo, the ebay template caught my eye.Β Β 

So when someone lists their collection, it can be only for them to keep track for themselves?Β  It's not automatically viewable to the general public?Β Β 

6 minutes ago, Steph said:

Quick note: In the FAQ, under "Why Nichibles", it only mentions marbles.Β  :)Β Β 

In the demo, the ebay template caught my eye.Β Β 

So when someone lists their collection, it can be only for them to keep track for themselves?Β  It's not automatically viewable to the general public?Β Β 

Yes, this is something that I and my family built for our marble collection. We are working on other β€œniches” but marbles is our focus.Β 
Β 

All info is completely private only to you unless you share it in a poll, submit it as an example, or transfer it to another user or list it on EBay πŸ™‚Β and even in those cases only certain fields plus pics are shared.Β 
Β 

Thanks for you suggestion on the links - I will see what I can do!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Noodleloaf said:

Yes, this is something that I and my family built for our marble collection. We are working on other β€œniches” but marbles is our focus.Β 
Β 

All info is completely private only to you unless you share it in a poll, submit it as an example, or transfer it to another user or list it on EBay πŸ™‚Β and even in those cases only certain fields plus pics are shared.Β 
Β 

Thanks for you suggestion on the links - I will see what I can do!

:thup:

• Like 2

I don't understand the usefulness of this software - in my case anyways.Β  My collection is organized quite nicely and important photos and notes are saved both on the cloud and externally so I have no need to employ further technical aspects.Β  Others may find this an amazing tool??Β  I am however, curious to know how misidentified marbles will not be shared to the public - if one chooses to share as you say they can opt to do so.

56 minutes ago, et cetera said:

I don't understand the usefulness of this software - in my case anyways.Β  My collection is organized quite nicely and important photos and notes are saved both on the cloud and externally so I have no need to employ further technical aspects.Β  Others may find this an amazing tool??Β  I am however, curious to know how misidentified marbles will not be shared to the public - if one chooses to share as you say they can opt to do so.

Nichibles is essentially an organization and accessibility tool for collecting. Β We think it is fun to enter and then fun to do things like: Search for all my AV marblesΒ  that have red and blue colors and see them in a virtual display.

Regarding misidentification, that is an excellent question that has really been at the heart of the confusing state of marble collecting and selling. Β There is already too much misinformation out there andΒ we never intended to tackle that problem. Β It is up to individuals to catalog their own records correctly. Β Shared examples are only from subscribed members and need to be approved before being publicly viewable. Β 

We know we're just getting started and are looking for exactly this kind of helpful feedback!Β 

Thank you for your reply.Β  So, you say shared examples from subscribed marbles need pre-approval before being shared publicly to eliminate misidentified specimens.Β  Do you have a panel of experts that will conduct the vetting?Β  I ask this because anytime the general public is invited to share information it's a free for all filled with chaos and rampant inaccuracies from uneducated sources.

@Noodleloaf It seems to me that the level of your success will be determined largely by what people consider "fun" and what they are willing to pay for it.

I typically provide about $20/yr as a donation here, while your product would require about $36/yr (after a one time charge of about $80 for 800 additional records). And While I do understand that your software will provide considerable ease of use and a variety of useful and "fun" features that are not easily implemented here, I personally would have a hard time justifying the expense. But then, I'm an old guy, and I know how to use spreadsheets.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

@NoodleloafΒ  If I understand correctly, it will cost about $33/mo to catalogue 500 marbles using your software, which seems like a lot, at least to me.

That would indeed be quite expensive! Β I'm sorry that the pricing isn't presented more clearly. Β The membership pricing is only ever $3/mo no matter how many actual records you have entered. Β The $9.99 expansion packs are a one-time only purchase that permanently increases the maximum allowed by 100.

In your case, putting in 1000 marbles means you would need 8 expansion packs which would be roughly $80 (once ever, not per month or year) plus $3 per month that your pro membership is active. Β If you stopped at 1000 marbles, the first year would be $116 and the following years would be $36 per year. Β 

I hope that makes sense, let me know if you have additional questions!

51 minutes ago, et cetera said:

Do you have a panel of experts that will conduct the vetting?Β  I ask this because anytime the general public is invited to share information it's a free for all filled with chaos and rampant inaccuracies from uneducated sources.

No panel of experts. Β This is organic and is our first attempt to share the tool we've made and personally use. Β The very last thing I would ever want to do is to dilute or harm the integrity of the marble-collecting community. Β If I receive feedback that the integrity of the examples is not accurate and could not be easily corrected, I would disable that feature until a solution could be found. Β Β 

• Award 1

43 minutes ago, Noodleloaf said:

That would indeed be quite expensive! Β I'm sorry that the pricing isn't presented more clearly. Β The membership pricing is only ever $3/mo no matter how many actual records you have entered. Β The $9.99 expansion packs are a one-time only purchase that permanently increases the maximum allowed by 100.

In your case, putting in 1000 marbles means you would need 8 expansion packs which would be roughly $80 (once ever, not per month or year) plus $3 per month that your pro membership is active. Β If you stopped at 1000 marbles, the first year would be $116 and the following years would be $36 per year. Β 

I hope that makes sense, let me know if you have additional questions!

Thanks for the clarification, I would recommend being equally as explicit on your website. πŸ™‚

And good luck with your product!

• Like 1

Thinking a catch-22:

hardcore collectors already have their collections well documented. Those of us who are β€œhobbyists”, don’t spend the time to document, and our collections are usually not high-end expensive marbles.

my collection(or what’s left of it) will go to a 3rd party auctioneer when the time comes, the kids have no interest in collecting anything.

it is a neat concept, similar to the numismatic databases, which make sense to me due to the high values of rare coins.

good luck!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, schmoozer said:

good luck!!

I agree--good luck for sure.

I will stick around here regardless of your luck.

This is the very best place on planet earth to get a marble identification .

Hats off to all that stick it out and keep it real--right here.

Rock on "Marble Connection".

We may be old----the oldest---but old counts with marbles:rolleye-842:.

Marble--On!!

• Award 1

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

This is the very best place on planet earth to get a marble identification .

Hats off to all that stick it out and keep it real--right here.

πŸ€”Β I think my messaging needs a lot of work. Β There is close to zero overlap between this incredible forum and the purpose for which we made Nichibles, other than a common love of marbles! Β 

These comments are very helpful for me in understanding where things are at, so please keep 'em coming!

The tool I'm offering is new, but I'm not trying to change all the good things that have always worked. Β I've been a member here and at other forums for over a dozen years, sold 1000's of marbles on Ebay with 100% positive feedback (and collected many more 1000's from everywhere!), and know that in-person and in-hand is the real way marble-collecting thrives.

• Thanks 2

πŸŒžπŸŽ‰Β Summer Marble Giveaway Ends Soon!Β πŸŽ‰πŸŒž

Only 2 days left to enter the giveaway for the mint Peltier National Line Rainbo Superman marble!Β 

Don't miss out - one lucky person is going to be very happy they entered.

πŸ”—Β Simply click the link below to enter:

πŸ‘‰Β https://nichibles.com/peltier-superman-giveaway

Don't forget to return daily to get an extra entry!

Post here or PM me if you have any questions. Β Good luck, everyone!Β 

A big "Thank You" to all who participated in our very first giveaway! Β Congratulations to AJ K. - the lucky winner of the Peltier Superman marble.

Since this was our very first experience with holding a giveaway, we would really like to know what everyone thought of the experience.

What did you think of the prize? Β Any suggestions for the next prize? Β What did you think of the giveaway landing page? Was there anything you found hard when entering? Can we make it easier for you to be eligible to win? Β  To those who did not enter, what kept you from entering? Β Feel free to post here or PM me directly.

Finally, a very special thanks to this forum, its moderators, and all those who took time to read and discuss the post!

• Like 1

We are bombarded daily with β€œFree” stuff every day via text and email. I have grown immune to it.

as my grandfather told me β€œ There is no such thing as a free _______” Fill in the blank…

• Like 1