An honest question--did Peltier handgather slags?

akroorka

I would like to add a little to this from what i have found over the years. I have a photo of the first (manual) Peltier marble machine. The examples that came off of this hand cranked machine were hand gathered. This was the very (beginning)) of Peltiers existence when they started making marbles. In my (opinion), they may have started with the hand gathered "Primas" and (possibly) changed the color pallet just a bit, being an off white and an off red/coral color. A nice example of two colors and cheap to make. I (feel) also that as they changed colors, they went to another base color, such as the dragon green color and from there (probably) into the "Slag" two color combos, being very identified with the 9 or 6 pattern we all see. In the near future, I feel that a lot more information will come to all of us. Peltier (may have) started with hand gathered, then to (regular) slag and then to the feather slag that we all look for. The hand gathered and the feather examples we can id pretty good but the regular ones, may be hard to id. If an original labeled box of these regular slags are seen, you will know what i am talking about and i am sure someone has one of these boxes. This is a very fun subject to discuss and if anyone has more to add or (correct) me on this, please do so. Chuck G---

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1