Tom mix comic marble

Garrett mock

I got told it was akro patch but I have seen on eBay peltier and akro patches similar the one guy even has a lookalike of same patch it has seedy pieces in the darker patch I can feel cutlines and it's not all the way round this one page buy marbles.com says there were a few screenprinted akro agate made marbles my phone sucks but the lighter colored feathered patch goes down threw the white to the darker patch it won't scratch off and it measures 5/8 not 3/4 like they say is reproduction 

Screenshot_20231008-223802.png

Screenshot_20231003-164139.png

Screenshot_20231006-100427.png

Screenshot_20231006-100747.png

Screenshot_20231004-150342.png

Screenshot_20231009-012339.png

Akro did some logo marbles, but as far as I know only Peltier did the Tom Mix back then.

Your marble doesn't look like Akro.

Your online searches are  coming up with questionable results.  This marble in the middle here which was called a Vitro -- that is a Marble King from 1955 to 1965.

Screenshot_20231006-100747.thumb.png.0c4

Your marble is not the 1960's version.   The modern Marble Kings have two patches -- the only difference between yours and standard modern Marble Kings is that the standard pattern is for the two patches to be on opposite ends.  But I am still reasonably sure that yours is a modern Marble King. 

And I am positive that it is not a vintage Peltier or Akro.  

You have a wide mixture of marbles in your last post.

Bottom line: 

There is old Tom Mix and modern Tom Mix.  

The old Tom Mix is on Peltier Peerless Patches.  The modern Tom Mix is on modern marbles. 

Yours is a modern Tom Mix.  

• Like 1

Even though there is a resemblance to Peltiers, you have two patches. 

The originals were on Peltier's Peerless Patches. 

Peerless Patches have a single patch.  

I apologize for not making that explicit before.   I assumed you knew what a Peerless Patch style was.

I did but still it's a older looking marble collectors here thought same or fake but when checked oh akro patch put that on akro site well I've seen peltiers close too one on peltier Facebook site a red one one calling this other peltier big boy I guess similar won't scratch off and is 5/8 can't find no reproduction like it at all mk marble not even close each cutline on this different mk is the opposite way set by side too and cant even find a mk marble like it nowhere this resembles vitro akro patch and peltier  i have a variety to compare with this not the same its a argument marble because i got keep telling everyone what if tho peltier/ kokomo have not perfect round marbles and seedy pinprick patches or glass to ive dug around opalescent and dug  hunted found and bought 17 years sell out Everytime same deal it came with peltiers and miller swirls and akros corkscrews patches and popeyes CAC MFC vitro master alley agates handmade Germans agates every kind of clay and micas and I'm about empty but always keep the best for last well I consider it one of the best can't find a lookalike for nothing or this reproduction copy why if repo should be plenty for referance none? On internet maybe 4 tops why how repos usually find them dime a dozen and where is the set at when i bought collection were is betty master loaf Betty and the  rest none cuz the rest quality and sold quick dont understand that but I appreciate your time just hope it aint a oddity depression in the 30s and aint original of the 12 was it special order because can find the rest of comics on internet easy but tom mix master loaf and they talk of another roosevelt?? Haven't never heard of seen it  

And I don't like marble King  I got one in a jar the other day with vitros but ive never seen a mk with this less of color loss usually have color up both sides even if 2 colors the white too white up to this comic  again my phone junk I know should be 1 patch but my friend a collector she said a guy found comics original 1 patches that had adventurine in them and its unheard of and why do they say the fakes logo crappy up to the real and fakes look left not right and fakes are 3/4 not this 5/8 ? If it's a special order could kid get it however in colors /detail  or a transition to different type of marble but the color loss up to mk this resembles vitro more than mk cut lines i can feel half moon on one side other side kinda straight mk are opposite of this different cant feel cutlines and no patches like this and color loss up to a mk cant find no mk like it color match on phone says akro but to me has peltier seedy base seeds in patch and pinpricks strange ?

My friend been collecting marbles way before I was born I know she said people have trouble with akro agate and vitro agate to the day one company ended another began and our kokomo marbles should be called peltier if anything I've seen them labeled vitro w.v and jabos foreal on eBay now she scratched and thought akro patch I seen peltier in this here comic but by glass tint and base tint and color never seen a mk marble with orange patches that go yellow the one patch Tanish color soft black striped in it  feathered look like down threw white and a darker orange and yellow diffrent patches and colors mk don't change hardly any of not at all look at mk watermelon don't change it's watermelon this is only mk like this ive looked talk forums mk statistics everywhere none like this like wow thats rare 

Agree with steph .modern replica..

The info you are playing with on ebay and other selling sires is that thy desperately want a rare marble so it sells . There is lots of information in the archives that will answer your questions.  Patch marbles are tricky , 

And with Lazer printers nowadays you can do anything to fake someone out of top dollar ...

I wish yours was the real deal that would be killer . But .......not Peltier,  not original  just the way the mib rolls bro.

It is an interesting mib for sure. So Bubbles occur for different reasons that I'm am not yet qualified to explain. Seedy base glass is just one trait of many used to identify a marble . The identification given by imho by the other members are as close to expert opinions you can get without going to a marble show with your marble in hand and talk to some O.G 's

Is that what I should do cuz in person and doing tests is what I'm thinking I know 17years worth of marbles I'm given advice on Kokomos right on Kokomo marble forum been at it awhile digging around opalescent finding buying in all tho wanna see some Kokomo lipsticks ? I appreciate your guys time thank you should I go to marble show tho they I got collection of some bad dudes from didnt care for marbles his attitude and humor dry wanted his price and be done I helped him out found this golden rebel 2 weeks ago roughly I knew what it was I know oxblood and adventurine and stuff I'll send pics too ya check these out only Made 3yrs 1939-42 kokos and golden rebel nice huh im in Kokomo not many marble people

IMG_20231009_212000.jpg

IMG_20231009_211545.jpg

IMG_20231009_205108.jpg

IMG_20231009_211519.jpg

IMG_20231009_211545.jpg

IMG_20231009_211610.jpg

Screenshot_20231009-221735.png

IMG_20231009_223015.jpg

IMG_20231009_224951.jpg

IMG_20231009_205759.jpg

IMG_20231009_210744.jpg

IMG_20231009_211324.jpg