Your funniest athletic moment !

Fire1981

I played baseball in College. I would bat left handed in a bunt I knew I could beat out. I’m up and I get a high inside Ear Hole pitch. I bail out. Here’s where I’m the guy everyone is laughing at including the Umpire. When I bailed out on the pitch it hit my bat and I heard it. It landed about 2 feet in front of the plate. I didn’t see it. I get up after having to bail. I stand up and grab my bat. I go to step back into the box and there’s the catcher holding the ball laughing. I’m like HAHA ! Do I drill him or chase the pitcher down🔥 He tags me and the Ump calls me out. I didn’t know the ball was fair. I just left my batting helmet and bat in the batters box. So ? Who’s next ? 🔥

RAR

I hit a ball one time to the right field fence. I told myself that’s a triple for sure. I could run like the wind back then and was sure I could make it with no problem. I had no idea the right fielder had a Dave Parker howitzer arm. He threw a strike to third base about about 6 foot off the ground all the way. I was about 10 foot from the bag when the 3rd baseman caught the ball. I was had. Seeing as I gave up the third baseman stood up to tag me and I pulled a 🥷 Ninja move and jumped to the bag Pete Rose style right under him. The umpire called me safe and the place erupted with laughter. The third baseman was really embarrassed and I felt sorry for him…. For a little bit. 

• Haha 1

Not an athlete.  But I coulda been a contenda!   Childhood  was the early 70's in Alabama and my mom discouraged me from going out for little league.  :(  And in high school I did the geeky things.   Didn't even have to have PE.  The marching band counted for that requirement.  :(  

Flashforward to college years and a rare Oklahoma snowfall.   While out on a walk that morning, I made myself a snowball and decided it must be thrown.  The problem was that I was standing on main street.  But it had to be thrown.  

So I picked out an electric pole and I let 'er rip.  Right before I released the snowball I was conscious that, if I missed, I could be in some trouble with that car's windshield right behind the pole.  

But I nailed it.  Then I looked around for police cars.  

... Now it's the evening of that snowy day and I'm attending a performance of a  touring folk duo.  After the show I walk up with my friend to talk to the performers.  While my friend is purchasing a recording from one of them, the other looks at me and says "Nice arm."

Ah, glory days.  ^_^ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I should’ve told this one first and it is funny but it’s also a tearjerker. The summer before high school I was playing Summer ball. Our team was undefeated. It was the last game of the season and the score was tied. All we needed was one run to win and I was up. Now I batted left-handed and I always pulled it to right field. Lo and behold in right field was the worst player in the history of baseball. The thing about him was he had the biggest heart you’ve ever seen and he always give 110%. Everybody loved him. I thought to myself if I can only hit it to him, I could run around the bases before he could throw it home. First pitch I hit the ball as high as I have ever hit a ball before. It went above the lights and out of sight. I was almost to second base when it came down and someone screamed “catch the ball Kenley.” He was chasing a bug at the time and looked up and stuck his glove in the air. You guessed it, the ball fell right into his glove. I was out. Our coach ran out of the dugout all the way to right field and picked Kenley up, put him on his shoulder and ran back in to the mound. He caught your ball Brett, He caught your ball. Everyone cheered and he was the hero of the whole year. We still went on to win the game, but he never let me live that down as long as I could remember. He passed away at an early age and I’ll never forget him. He and his big heart was my hero too. 

• Like 1
  • Care 1

I'm with you on that one. I coached VJ and Varsity baseball. Every team has that player the team know needs their big moment. Everyone called him Trucker. He tried out at 3rd base. Not good. In practices he'd over throw first base by at least 5 Feet or more. So. Let's see how 2nd base works out. Not good. He couldn't throw to first as well. High, wide and just out side. Uggggh ! So onto batting practice. Uuuuugh ! He can't hit the ball. But ! We're up 12-0 in the top of the 4th so let's put him at second base in the bottom of the forth. So he get's a to the chance to bat.  1,2,3 were up. He'll be the second batter. So here we go. He's up to bat. The Pitcher throws slower then what I pitch in BP. Hang on. First pitch he pulled it and drilled our 3rd Base Coach who is also the Head Coach. Drills him right in the shin. Bang ! Holy crap now what. The Bench Coach replaces me at First and I go the 3rd. I gave him the swing away sign. Next pitch was a Ball. Next pitch is the Gold Moment. Out of of no where he lays a bunt down up the right field baseline. Guess what ? We did not know how fast he was! Fast enough there was no throw. We went NUTZ. He ended up being our pinch runner. He never got picked off or throw out. 🔥

RAR

So I'm playing hockey. The puck goes into the corner and get's deflected between me and their player. I'm just looking around and trying to find the puck on the ice. Where did the puck go? I hear the whistle and thought it deflected over the glass and I go line up for the face off. That wasn't the case. Again here I am. What is so fried egg funny? Everyone is crack'n up. EVERYONE ! Ref skates up to me and says. Turn around ! The puck got lodged in the back of my pants where part of my jersey was pulled up. WTF ? Right🔥

RAR

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m watching the NCAA hockey tournament and am having a crazy flashback to the worst goal I have ever scored. My skills were limited but I was the fastest skater on my team. So here we go. Their player picked up a turn over at center ice and it was a one on one break away. No way. That player was slow. I catch them and poke check the puck off of their stick from behind. It’s rolling towards my Goalie and he stands up and it goes 5 Hole on him. WHAT WAS THAT ! I just put the other team up by one. No miracles here. We lost 4-3. The traditional handshake after the game was beer worthy and hilarious. We did have to talk Cujo off the ledge later on. He was our goalie. Goalies are just wired differently then most of the population 🔥

RAR

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fire1981 said:

Oh snap Art!

That was the worst, this is not much better.

They took me out of the net and I was skating towards the puck, never did learn to stop very well. Over the side boards headfirst into a snow bank---they had to pull me out, I can still hear my dad laughing.( he got me some lessons after that)

The softball pitcher on our team in Nevada was let’s say “gravitationally challenged.” He was also the Game Warden that headed up the posse and manhunt for Claude Dallas in the early ‘80s. I’m playing Shortstop and their batter hits a slower roller right at him. He reaches down to field the ball and steps on his glove with his right foot. Oh snap. Face first digger. I’m running in thinking this isn’t good. He gets up. Bloody nose, a mouth full of dirt he spits out his Levi Garrett loose leaf tobacco chaw out and there we are. I looked at him and he’s frick’n laughing. I said hold still. One of his front teeth was hanging off his top gum. I just reached out and yanked it out. I asked him if I could keep it. We put it in our Smokejumper Big Ernie fire shrine. And yes we won the game. It was already a blow out. Here’s the kicker. Joe always provided the keg for the game. 🔥

RAR🪂

• Haha 1

I played tennis as a teenager. We had a community court, and had regular annual tournaments. I played doubles with a neighbor girl and we won the tournament against all the parents. First prize was a weekend bag. I asked her where she wanted to go, her mom came unglued, being a devout Christian. There were at least 60 people there.

• Haha 1