Jabo vibes

20 minutes ago, Ric said:

I believe that is a nice Vitro Aquamarine - I've seen plenty with a similar "butt crack".

Ric474.jpg.9d36a5e0158f836c56521ce6b8962

Thank for your input Ric. I guess I've trained my mind to think Jabo first anytime I see that type of fold. Now I need to go through all my Jabos haha

18 hours ago, supramisfit said:

The butt crack fold gives me a Jabo vibe

Many Vitro will show a Vitro "V"--just another form of a "butt-crack".
Jabo purchased a number of companies including Vitro and the machines that were used by them.
The similarity may have some impact on the final product, bear this in mind and check them all.
Jabo is usually considered as a softer glass showing little white hit marks vs the other types of damage more noticeable in older marbles as chips or moons. 
Some moons on the older marbles will show a center that is intact and the surrounding glass explodes outwards forming an intact middle and an explosion of glass that busted out due to the impact. 
Glass is in fact able to be considered as a solid and a liquid. It can take an impact and actually rebound as if a liquid—to a point.
I am old enough to remember the glass panes in a window being thicker at the bottom than at the top—gravity for sure.
If you were to live for the next hundred years or so and you never moved your collection, some of them would be out of round—gravity.
Marble—On!!

• Like 2

On 5/24/2024 at 5:12 PM, akroorka said:

Many Vitro will show a Vitro "V"--just another form of a "butt-crack".
Jabo purchased a number of companies including Vitro and the machines that were used by them.
The similarity may have some impact on the final product, bear this in mind and check them all.
Jabo is usually considered as a softer glass showing little white hit marks vs the other types of damage more noticeable in older marbles as chips or moons. 
Some moons on the older marbles will show a center that is intact and the surrounding glass explodes outwards forming an intact middle and an explosion of glass that busted out due to the impact. 
Glass is in fact able to be considered as a solid and a liquid. It can take an impact and actually rebound as if a liquid—to a point.
I am old enough to remember the glass panes in a window being thicker at the bottom than at the top—gravity for sure.
If you were to live for the next hundred years or so and you never moved your collection, some of them would be out of round—gravity.
Marble—On!!

What other companies did JABO buy?  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nantucketdink said:

What other companies did JABO buy?  

I will lay off this one--too easy, research is needed here.

Good question Nantucket!

Marble--On!!