I sold this as a 21/32" Ravenswood, but...

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the reply. "The green chunks of av make me think jabo." Confirmed my suspicion. 

From my years studying and loving marbles, I think Alley is the company that used aventurine on a fairly consistent basis. JABO seems to have used it in abundance.

An email is definitely on the way to the buyer.

James

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, davesnothere said:

That's what I was thinking I got jabo stuck in my noodle.

This is one of the best lessons I've ever had in marble identification: I was hired by an antique shop owner to sort a massive tub of marbles. I found a large pocket of gorgeous Master Marble Sunbursts in one part of the tub. My noodle was so into 'Master Marbles' that I didn't realize when that pocket slowly became older Akro Sparklers! 😳😅

2 minutes ago, rockgardenplants said:

This is one of the best lessons I've ever had in marble identification: I was hired by an antique shop owner to sort a massive tub of marbles. I found a large pocket of gorgeous Master Marble Sunbursts in one part of the tub. My noodle was so into 'Master Marbles' that I didn't realize when that pocket slowly became older Akro Sparklers! 😳😅

Lol yeah I do that a lot. Recently bought two 1" akro slags and they turned out to be rare masters.

Had slags on the noodle lol

Glass looks newer to me. My guess would be JABO contract, DAS and SMM, probably in that order.

I have not seen AV in Ravenswood marbles. My guess is that it would be extremely rare. I do not think this marble is Ravenswood.

• Like 1

Not Ravenswood. AV is *almost* unheard of in Ravenswood, although there are examples and in those it is incidental, not added like it is in the above marble. This is modern. 

• Award 2