Does anyone have any interest in paperweights?

I am not aware of marble manufactures making paperweights. I suppose Peltier could have.  They made a whole lot of things.   And there might have been Italian or German manufactures who did both but I wouldn't know any names.  

I visited a paperweight forum once, doing research on how what we call sulphides got that name.   It had finally occurred to me that whatever was happening in marbles had generally been happening in a bigger way with paperweights.   

It was a positive experience.

So that would be my best advice.  I don't remember the name of the forum I visited all those years ago, but surely you could find a good one with an internet search. 

• Like 1
  • Award 1

23 minutes ago, Steph said:

I am not aware of marble manufactures making paperweights. I suppose Peltier could have.  They made a whole lot of things.   And there might have been Italian or German manufactures who did both but I wouldn't know any names.  

I visited a paperweight forum once, doing research on how what we call sulphides got that name.   It had finally occurred to me that whatever was happening in marbles had generally been happening in a bigger way with paperweights.   

It was a positive experience.

So that would be my best advice.  I don't remember the name of the forum I visited all those years ago, but surely you could find a good one with an internet search. 

Steph you are so nice and helpful. Thank you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, w8ingnthebushes said:

if anyone has any helpful information on them.

There are quite a few marble collectors that collect "Paperweights". I do not—I am a hard core Marble collector
There are many Contemporary Marble Makers” that make "Paperweights". A lot of the same techniques are used in this process.
Glass is glass and most collectors of such have an opinion about “Paper Weights” and I do not blame them—they are beautiful.
We are mostly “Marble—Heads” here but we all collect other things as well—I am sure of that.
This post deserves a bump up and I hope to see some more of your collection.
Paper weights on!!

20 hours ago, w8ingnthebushes said:

Just curious if these are made by any marble manufacturers or if anyone has any helpful information on them. Are they desirable to a collector such as yourselves?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A link for you to explore ::

https://www.thepaperweightcollection.com/products/extremely-rare-antique-clichy-newel-post-finial-with-complex-concentric-millefiori ::

https://www.thepaperweightcollection.com/collections/all-current-stock

On 7/2/2024 at 8:21 AM, w8ingnthebushes said:

Just curious if these are made by any marble manufacturers or if anyone has any helpful information on them. Are they desirable to a collector such as yourselves?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think the one in picture 3 is Chinese (like 1930s or 1940s).