The Cork I Forgot

moremarbles4me

commonly refered to as an akro pink experimental... ;)

Thats what it is. The diggers didn't uncover very many of these - and probably less than half are mint/near mint. Back when they first surfaced they sold for fairly strong prices. They are beautiful, subtle pieces.

Thats odd that this type of marble was dug, well maybe not. LOL This marble came out of an existing collection that has'nt been added to in ten years or so. Were they ever a production run.

Charles

Its been 10+ years since those digs turned them up. I'm not aware of them ever making it to production.. The colors are a bit too muted to make them attractive to kids.

got ours from roger, but if memory serves ( and sometimes it doesn't) it was well over 10 years ago..... they're very cool!!

they almost always have annealing problems. maybe that's why they dumped them. glass difficulties.

got ours from roger, but if memory serves ( and sometimes it doesn't) it was well over 10 years ago..... they're very cool!!

they almost always have annealing problems. maybe that's why they dumped them. glass difficulties.

The same was true with the Sky Blue Onyx pieces that I saw dug - 90+% of them had annealing fractures from incompatible glass.

BTW - here is one of my two:

IMG_4733.jpg

Thank you. Very nice. :)

In your first picture it looks like it might have a small circular ribbon at the seam. That made me curious. I'm still curious LOL but now it looks like a corkscrew.

Those are some wicked yellow and black Corks. Almost look like Peltier hahaha NOT!!! I'm partial to that Old School Coloured purple and green myself. Don't see to many of those around.