Mike Barton Sunsets

carole154

WOW!!!!!! Very Cool, Carole & Mike!!!!

I just received a package that contains a gift that I've been working on for Mr. Miggles.... I can't post pics of it just yet (I want Mike to get it, first!!) But, I will later....

After all the great little boxes that Mike sends out to make everyone's day, I thought he needed one of his own!!! ;)

Carole had mentioned a "dream marble" to represent a Tennesee sunset, and she was nice enough to let me try.

These were the first marbles I attempted using powdered glass for all the colors. You can't tell, but the larger, more wispy ones have 2 yellows, 2 oranges, a red, a pink, two purples, and two blues, pressed into strips of clear, stretched out thin, and then laid over a base of light blue in overlapping layers, and then messed with a little. They didn't come out quite like I hoped, but they have nice depth, in person.

The smaller one was just rolled in lines of powder, and then messed with.

I made a few others, also, shown below if I did this right.

post-169-1196116973_thumb.jpg

post-169-1196116955_thumb.jpg

post-169-1196116937_thumb.jpg

Oh, and Sue, I am most intrigued by what you said, and I will just wait right here, by my mailbox.

I'm so exciting !

Thank you very much,

mike

Mike is the best... in so many ways!

We have to be careful here, as Mike is a very humble guy and we don't want to overwhelm him!!! LOL

But.... Bob, you got that right!!! :lol:

Mike, you've gotta chill out for a bit on the mailbox... I have to get some good pictures before I can post it... Our weather hasn't been very cooperative for that, lately.... I'll let you know when it's on the way!!

:D

(YIKES!!! The sun just popped out.... Gotta run!!!!.........................

Uhhhh........Damn.......... Never mind............. "Life in New England!!!" <_< LOL)