• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My balloons and food coloring are ready:

c3bd66669954517334691b0aaa7981ea.jpg

did you do this Steph? I keep saying I am going to then,,,,I don't!!! :P

Soooooo .... it's cold and we're getting some good snow and I decided to try ...... got out my balloons and the food coloring and .......

welllll ......

we've had that food coloring in the cabinet for a long time, and I guess maybe they used adhesive to stick the nozzle to the top of the little bottles and I guess the adhesive dissolved during the years of non-use ......

and welllllll .......

Fooddyeaccident_zps9f2e665e.jpg

:)

I'll keep that in mind. But really I'm not worried.

The balloons might not have been big enough anyway. They were specially for water balloons. I'll try again next year with bigger balloons and new dye.

bahahahaha .... what a mess.

• 1 month later...

How strange.

For the very first time I just made a point of taking a picture of a marble and posting it, and it didn't even occur to me to post it here until later.

I guess this is probably because I've shown this particular marble here before, and my reason for posting it on a non-marble group was because the subject of uranium glass had been brought up.

Not an overly inspiring photo, but I'm feeling guilty, so here it is.

Since I just replaced my old black light bulb the other day, I'm going to include a picture of the new one in case anyone is interested. This is what's currently available at your local BOB store (by which I mean 'Big Orange Box') for the bargain price of five dollars US. And they're probably about the best UV light you can get for viewing your marbles. The more recently developed LED black lights emit a slightly different frequency range which won't show off your 'glowers' quite as well as the good old fluorescent tube technology. ( :

DSC_0934a_zpsjgjqane5.jpg

DSC_0928_zpsrnzkw6t5.jpg