Who Made This Marble Any Ideas

tnbar

It is difficult to tell who made it.

It appears that the colors cork around the marble though?

If so, it is probably an Akro corkscrew.

Yes the colors do corkscrew around the marble. There are Blue, yellow and red corkscrews an an amber base

I agree with the "not Akro" and probably newer marble verdict. Also it looks like some of the ribbons of color may not cork all the way around the marble........kinda like they're 'streaks' of color.

Lizzy, I can assure you that the ribbons inside this marble do indeed corkscrew all the way around. They just get somewhat smaller in some areas. Also in looking at it closer under a magnifying glass / lamp it looks like the center Core of the marble is solid and swirled. This is where all the corkscrew pattern comes from. I guess you would almost have to see it in hand to really understand the beauty of this mib.. I guess I am having a hard time beleiving it is foreign. I wish there was someone I could send it to so it could be seen in hand by someone who had a better way to id it clearly. Thanks for all the help, But I have not given up yet. I rec. this mib in a lot of cats eye marbles on E Bay. I wanted the cats this was a bonus. By the way the cats were more than worth the price. I rec 3 8 vane 3 color, 12 six vane 3 color cross thrus and several 6 vane 3 color white cross throughs. 1 nine vane one color. Plus more saint marys type and numerous vitros and masters. All for 22.00 inc shipping.

It's possible that it could still be an Akro corkscrew...........certain types of glass & colors don't photograph well. If you shot a picture of it outdoors, it might help to show the construction.

Lizzy, I know you are from the Southwest, But I am in western NY state east of Buffalo near Lake Ontario. It is BRRRR Cold out now it is 24 degrees, yes I said 24 degrees. I am going to try an outside pic, If it will stop showing long enough.

Oh, it's been right cold here too~we've had the coldest temps in the last 2 years. (Georgia) But it's not getting to the 20's until night time. :)

I was thinking about taking a pic by a window. Even if it's overcast, sometimes you can get a nice pic that will show the construction much better.

post-279-1198795932_thumb.jpg

post-279-1198795938_thumb.jpg

post-279-1198795943_thumb.jpg

post-279-1198795947_thumb.jpg

Guest browse4antiques

The middle pic in your second post shows a looping back of the striping glass which in my opinion indicates that it can't possibly be an Akro corkscrew. Here's a pic of a German wire-pull that wraps perfectly round 8 times ... Roger

post-112-1165587421_thumb.jpg

The middle pic in your second post shows a looping back of the striping glass which in my opinion indicates that it can't possibly be an Akro corkscrew. Here's a pic of a German wire-pull that wraps perfectly round 8 times ... Roger

Here are some more pics of my mystery marble. I took these pictures near a window with bright sunlight shining. I tried to get a good clear pic of the poles and I think I did. Also added a few pics of the whole marble seeing as how the sunlight made the colors stand out. The colors DO NOT loop back. They cork around the marble. Look at the pics and let me know what ya all think. THANK YOU for all the help.

post-279-1198796340_thumb.jpg

post-279-1198796348_thumb.jpg

post-279-1198796352_thumb.jpg

post-279-1198796357_thumb.jpg

post-279-1198796362_thumb.jpg

Guest browse4antiques

I see now from your extra pics that the looping back is a part of where the striping glass terminates. And now that I can see both ends, I do believe it could be a corkscrew. ... Roger

I have one that is CLOSE to this one.

I sent this to Leroy 5 years ago. It

was in aweful shape. Totally infested

with FLEAS.

He got a few turns in it and called me.

Told me there is no way he would take it any further.

This one HAS been DUBBED as a very EARLY CORK

by a FEW VERY GOOD EYES that have seen this one in hand.

It's a 1 inch Amber Base....2 floating Ribbons.

One is White....the Other is Cream colored. The

Ribbons run side by side around the middle of the

marble and then cross each other. At that POINT...

One ribbon runs up to ONE POLE (?)....the other runs

down to the OTHER POLE....lotta words for crappy pics.

post-279-1198796727_thumb.jpgpost-279-1198796733_thumb.jpg

Wish I could DIG my CAMERA out from whatever it's under

right NOW !!!

RAR