What The Heck Happened To Marble King Prices???

m!b$

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes most are dug, and show slight crazing in the red explaining why they were dumped.(or maybe they didn't like the Ox) I do not believe they are doing any veneering at the plant or have done any in the last 40 years. I have seen a couple other color combos with the weird oxblood like striping on the end. They were also dug. I have been approached and asked if I would like to buy a large group of these marbles (from a dig site) Peace,Galen

whatever.......people use any tactitcs to sell em...if jim sez theyrte dug maybe he was told dug...jim haint no digger...if hes got dug marbles then hes bought em or paid somebody to dig em....thats all im sayin....since steph has join the discussion it time for me to exit...bye-bye...cut and paste this.....

Duffy, If you have any factual evidence that they started Veneering the old colors on white bases at the factory again this would be a great place to share it. I do know there are a lot of folks besides me that would like to know any facts you have that we do not.

How do you know that they are not veneered?

I own a number of them and there is no sign of a white base/color veneer. I suppose I could crack one open... The glass color appearance is strikingly different than vintage P&R MK types - it comes across as much more glassy. All of the MK "remakes" of those types appear that way.

How do you know that they are not veneered?

Marble King used to veneer them to reduce the cost of making the colored glass - I don't think that is a problem nowadays....in fact it would be more of a hassel to veneer them and less cost effective most likely. But I don't know - when last I stopped buying MKs in 2003 - they were not veneered....and they never reprodeced a PRP pattern like the one from the 50's and 60's YET - but I am sure they could if they wanted to.

It is very easy to see none of the newer MKs are veneered. A hammer or a strong back light for some works great. Many mables from the 70s and newer have been sold to a lot of folks thinking they are the original veneered on white type. After having both types in hand it is fairly easy to tell the difference. Peace,Galen

Galen, this is one of those times when you backup.

You speak to us like we're idiots.

Anyone can plainly see that the base glass IS the ribbon part of the pattern and you would have us believe that it is "only partially" veneereed just so you don't have to back up in what your saying as in "OMG I might have made a mistake!!!?

The red is ONLY veneered. Just look at the picture!!!

LOL!!!!!

Just admit that you have made a wrong ASSumption and move on dude.

Trust me you wont be alone in the mistake dept. We all make them, just hard to admit to sometimes.

This is one of those times.

Good call Duffy, Bo

WOW BO!, Sorry if I appeared to talk down to any one. I should have said I do not believe they are veneering the patch and the ribbon onto a white base. If you want to call the patch a veneer I guess you can. I have just never called the patch on a marble a veneer. Thats not what I was talking about anyway and these marbles are still totally different than the original patch and ribbon veneered on white type.(thats what this discussion is actually about) Sorry if I mislead anyone. That was not my intention. I still do not believe they are making any, where the patch and ribbon are veneered onto a white base. If you have some new ones like that I would appreciate seeing them. Not saying I am never wrong. And I do not doubt that with some glass making(for colors) and equipment machining that they could probably make them again. Peace,Galen.