What The Heck Happened To Marble King Prices???

m!b$

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Besides the economy I think folks are finally realizing these marbles are no where near as rare as once believed. I now know of several people with hundreds of the old original spidermen MKs. Once everyone finds out how common they really are the price drops. Common German handmades are at the same place. Certian types are reaching a point of saturation. Few new collecters and more and more marbles surfacing. As with many vintage items it is the folks that remember the items from their youth that do the most collecting. Many folks around now never played marbles as a kid so the number of collecters starts to drop way off. I have seen it happen with a few different items. peace,Galen

The market is flooded with marble king spidermen.All varieties have been "popping" up,blended/regular/with oxblood.(bunch with oxblood showed up at sistersville,and the vienna show this year).And of course the economy.

Just another cycle in the marble world.I still aint payin' $10 for a new,mass produced marble!--LOL

Guest FeelingMarbleous

Its marble Alan bro, he gets top price if not more than top price out his auctions......

Me & You could list the same marble same condition, and not get even half......

not that im mad at him for it, im glad he does good !

I realize that Marble King made some patch and ribbon style marbles a few years ago to deter the diggers, but they wouldn't have used oxblood, would they?

All the recent Spidermen with oxblood that I've seen have that thin whitish line in the blue next to the red. That would seem to indicate same run production. I thought they were all dug.

I interpret PlanB's post as meaning that any recent runs of MK Spidermans couldn't be mistaken for vintage because they wouldn't have oxblood in them...

My original question was this: Why have vintage MK Spiderman Oxblood prices fallen? I wasn't asking about any new runs of MKs.

Galen has answered my question.