Question About Buying Mk Bags?

hdale7

I am a poor collector so to speak with 3 young boys and usually find whatever I can at garage sales or an occasional estate sale. I have a chance to buy a couple of MK bags 25 count with a shooter, currently I don't have any marbles in bags so am not up to date on pricing especially since I use the Big Book of Marbles 3rd edition, those prices are just so unrealistic. Anyways, here's a photo that is the best I was given. 7 dollars for a bag is what they want. The next photo is some extra marbles that I am unsure what even to offer along with the bags or just let it go, they look fairly common and think I have some of those ones all ready as well and the photo is just horrible and I personally can't make out much detail with my stupid monitor problems and the quality of the photo. 7 dollars a bag seems reasonable? The other lot if you can make it out, what would you offer, wants 12 dollars for the marbles in the jar but seems more concerned about the old 8oz jar than the marbles?

2402141_s1_i2.jpg

2402141_s1_i1.jpg

2665310_s1_i2.jpg

I know nothing about bags at all. I'm newer to this only been about 1 and a half years and couldn't tell the age of the bag or really even see the marbles that clearly, thus the reason I was posting here. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Guest FeelingMarbleous
also an older bag would have a seam up the back of the bag...those bags are new.....

Interesting, thats something to look for thanks for pointing that out Steve.

Again, thanks for the tips. The marbles didn't look that old to me from what I could see but the seller was saying they were vintage and older so where better to ask than the resident pros:) I guess 15 years or so old is considered old/vintage to some. The bad photo didn't help me out at all and I knew nothing about packaging except that the oldest Marble Kings were made in St Mary's before 1960 or so I believe.

Thanks all,

Howard

The choking hazard warning on the bag tells me that it is the newer version of the red and white label. The colors on the older, 80s/90s bag were the same but without the hazard warning. I can still find them here in one store for $1.99 per bag.

bar code, choking hazard, shiney bags, some with seams down the back, and a couple that dont have them like the draw string bags and the master bag seen below, most do have the seam down the center,,,there is older mk's out there that came in cerial boxes that just have cellophane tubes with no name, mesh bags are popular, its all in the look and by coming here to a forum to find out hoping you didnt screw up, lol,,, been there done that,lol,, good info on this thread,,,, bj

HEATBAG.jpg

I am a poor collector so to speak with 3 young boys and usually find whatever I can at garage sales or an occasional estate sale. I have a chance to buy a couple of MK bags 25 count with a shooter, currently I don't have any marbles in bags so am not up to date on pricing especially since I use the Big Book of Marbles 3rd edition, those prices are just so unrealistic. Anyways, here's a photo that is the best I was given. 7 dollars for a bag is what they want. The next photo is some extra marbles that I am unsure what even to offer along with the bags or just let it go, they look fairly common and think I have some of those ones all ready as well and the photo is just horrible and I personally can't make out much detail with my stupid monitor problems and the quality of the photo. 7 dollars a bag seems reasonable? The other lot if you can make it out, what would you offer, wants 12 dollars for the marbles in the jar but seems more concerned about the old 8oz jar than the marbles?

2402141_s1_i2.jpg

2402141_s1_i1.jpg

2665310_s1_i2.jpg

the funny part is that they always try to make the sell with talking about the jars. i told one guy that i would pour the marbles out and he could keep his jars if we could haggle a little more. all of a sudden the talked turned to marbles. NO SALE!