Just Curious Question For Ya

Just hypothetical here.

Who here would be interested in paticipating,as an invester,in a run at Jabo?

Just as a ball park figure of $500/$700 per "share" of the run,with a possible yeild of 2 to 4,25 lb boxes of marbles,keeping in mind there is no guarantee of the results.

Dont want any response from any jabo haters,and I am not interested in some bs debate.

Griff

hey griff

i have a question and maybe an idea

what are the chances of the run being mostly shooter patches?

it seems to me at least that nice patches would be kinda neat for a change

just a thought anyhow

but whatever you all decide to make i would like to get in on a run if things would work out for me

and i am sure my brother would too

steve

I think we could get an equal stream, or short stream by making a few minor adjustments. If we could indeed adjust what I think we need to adjust to get it just right. Would take a bit of testing but once we have it nailed down, we would have it forever. And of course, it would have to be kept top secret! lol Just an idea as I am in no way a marble maker. Just a wannabe! lol I think we could do it though, that's only one way that I am thinking it could be done. PM me if you want to know my other idea for getting patches without the V folds. Being an engineer for over 12 years, although I am medically retired now, I think I have a good idea what we could change or adjust to get it to work. Nothing major by any means. Griff, I am seriously thinking of actually having you do some construction for me. Maybe we could go in on it as partners. If all works out this summer like I think it should, you could do the labor and mechanical engineering and I would be able to back it financially. Of course I would want to give a few others a chance to get in on it if they wanted. Anyways, enough of my ramblings. God Bless!

Griff, Go guy go! I am too burned out on mibs to put one together so I'll be cruisin' BUT, if you get a run together, I know some realy qualified guys who can help you and I will tell you any secrets you need or want from the Tributes.

Make the ICE boys partners and put them to work. That way they won't be diggin' 'round and finding Duffy's honey holes.

I think your knowledge and experiene by themselves are enough to put together a great run.

Griff, I hope you do get a group together. You could make some pretty marbles. I too am burned out. It seems to me I've been making marbles, sorting marbles, making boxes, or traveling to Reno since September. Little League Baseball (2 practices and 2 games) each week is getting me down. I need a break. The nice thing about going to Vienna is that I won't be bringing work home to do for the next 2 months. Go for it! Edna

Once again,there is no guarantee which i know of for,colors,pattern,numbers,etc,colors might be planned but may not happen,or in any certian order or pattern. What you put in is not always what hits the rollers. The only guarantee is that everyone will give it their best effort.

This most recent run yesterday,several colors were added to a certian base glass, but they never showed up,except inside the marbles. When the marble was broke in half,there were the colors,all inside. Major efforts was done to change this but it would not coperate. This run had great marbles as you will see,but my point is that runs cannot be predicted from start to finish,so no guarantee has been offered from anyone that i know of who has been involved with any of the special runs. There are to many variables involved,utilities,personel,equipment,supplies,etc. No run that i know of went as planned from start to finish.

Go Griff,i hope that i am avialable,can help somehow,push a rod,sweep,move drums,pad marbles,fill crucibles,gofer,just be a part of it,or invest if possible.

Just keep in mind,this is just a hypothetical thread!

Everything Ron Just stated is the truth.There is the risk,with no GUARANTEE.

I couldnt see a run without you Ron,investor or not.There are quite a few I would like to see on a "Dream Team".

Documentation is very important too.Im not qualified for that,but I know someone,who is!

Hypothetically, what machine would you like to use? And what kind of tinkering would you be willing to do to test some hair brained idea's I have? lol And... what size are you, hypothetically, thinking about running? :) God Bless!

Re. the suggestion of 'patches.' Dave McCullough's name is indelibly etched on the 'swirl' marble. I seem to

recall a fairly succinct remark attributed to him regarding this style of marble that went "Leave them to Marble

King" or sumthin' to that extent. Tweekin' the mix is great but let's not forget that this is about West Virginia swirls.

David Chamberlain