Just A Few Contemps...

zaboo

there's actually 3 shelves in this unit, but here's 2, lol just a few fun contemps to ponder.. all the ro pursers and salazars are elsewhere...kinda spread everywhere actually! (what a pain to dust!)

contemps.jpg

Dani, thank you for posting pics of your contemps. I enjoyed looking at them. You inspired me to show some of mine. A few years ago I bought a cabinet with 8 shelves. I thought I could put all my contemps in it and have room left over for more purchases. I was quite dismayed to fill it immediately with no empty shelves left over. I have no room for more cabinets so my solution was to crowd them together. They are so close that many are hidden from view. Weldon's solution is "Stop buying". LOL

Well, I haven't tried to post since the board changed and I find that I don't know how to post my pics. I need some help. Edna

I went to the help section that Lou has posted and tried to follow the directions. I didn't get it right. Sorry, I can't add pics.

I did get a thumbnail to post, but I want full size pics. Don't know how to do that.

post-107-125063620509_thumb.jpg

shelf1.jpg

On this top shelf are more Kevin O'Grady, Geoffrey Beetom, Filip Vogelpohl, Bruce Troeh, Josh Sable,

Eugene Rain, Sabina Boehm, Dan Grumbling, and others.

shelf235.jpg

Most of the marbles on this shelf are Robert L. Hamon. A few are students of his that did marbles in his style. I also have an elephant scupture here and a vase or two.

shelf234.jpg

On this shelf are some Julia Powell, Kris Parke, Andrew Brown, Steve Willis, and others I can't ID because they are so tiny in my pic. In the back on Peltier candleholders are some Greg Hoglin. Also some Stephen Pope, Gateson Recko, and a lot of Calvin Sugita.

shelf233.jpg

There is Alloway on this shelf, K. O'Grady, George Pavilicek, Eddie Seese, Keenan Tiemayer, and others Some Joe Lovell, Ben Burton, Shipwrecked, David Salazar

shelf232.jpg

Boyd Miller, Ken Schneidereit,

I'm doing something wrong, but I did get some of the shelves to appear a little larger. This is 5 of the 8 shelves. Edna

i CAN TOTALLY RELATE EDNA! there's a third shelf too.

topshelf.jpg

and then there's 2 shelves in a built in display too. lol. there's a few of those pictured at LOM. mainly Ro's stuff, and you can sorta see the shelf that's mainly Salazar. then there's the stuff upstairs... and an apothecary jar filled with contemps...holy crap it's everywhere!

To answer, the V8 was made by fulton 'Tony' parker, out of oregon. it's probably 20 years old. or close to!

really nice marbles! Dani, I have them everywhere too. Cases that hang on the wall, cases made to look like the antique jeweler's case, boxes that sit on shelves. I really should listen to Weldon, but when I say that to Brett Young his reply is always "I don't think I like Weldon". I hope Hot House comes to Sistersville again this year, cause I want more. LOL

NO kidding! Got to get that camera.

Alan, in your second photo there's a large-ish marble on the right, pinkish, or even irridescent pinkish? With stars? Who did it? Can I have it? Sorry, got carried away - - - I'll settle for who did it --

Ann

N

Alan, in your second photo there's a large-ish marble on the right, pinkish, or even irridescent pinkish? With stars? Who did it? Can I have it? Sorry, got carried away - - - I'll settle for who did it --

Ann

Ann: Are you referring to this piece?

IMG_1710-2.jpg

IMG_1709-2.jpg

If so - it is Doug Sweet/Karuna Glass. It is a variant of his packed murrini - with an etched stars outer surface that form windows through which you can view the murrini. Sort of like a kaleidoscope. He may still make them.

Ann: Are you referring to this piece?

If so - it is Doug Sweet/Karuna Glass. It is a variant of his packed murrini - with an etched stars outer surface that form windows through which you can view the murrini. Sort of like a kaleidoscope. He may still make them.

Yes. OMG.

I may have to rest awhile after looking at this one - - - If he still makes them I might be forced to break my "nothing bigger than 1-1/8" rule that has served me so well for years. Just this once. Unless of course you just send yours to me out of the goodness of your heart.

If not, I forgive you.

WOW WOW WOW!!! and did I say WOW!

They're all amazing! A few? Did you mean a few shelving units? lol There's definitely more than a few marbles.

Great displays...and yet another WOW!

Thanx for sharing and have a great day!

:-) Felicia