Marble Kings

feelnmarbleous

Yes ,Bubba they are filled with aventurine.I got them in a lot off ebay last summer.I go for almost anything with aventurine.Grasshopers,that's a cool name ,I'll just call them Irish rainbows on St. Patricks day LOL.Here is one I'm not sure of it has aventurine and looks like an MK patch Watermelon.Aventurine is in the green.

post-1768-12525431895_thumb.jpg

post-1768-125254321158_thumb.jpg

post-1768-125254323305_thumb.jpg

Yes ,Bubba they are filled with aventurine.I got them in a lot off ebay last summer.I go for almost anything with aventurine.Grasshopers,that's a cool name ,I'll just call them Irish rainbows on St. Patricks day LOL.Here is one I'm not sure of it has aventurine and looks like an MK patch Watermelon.Aventurine is in the green.

Being a old time Mega Marbles collector - I can say with pretty definite assurance that is a Ninja Turtle - those are pretty rare and hard to find - they were discontinued prior to 1999.

Those Green Hornets are killin' me.

I mostly have the basics plus a coupla oddballs. I need to get a pic of my whacked out multicolor rainbow with pink metallic. I can't remember if I've shown that one. It's an error in about 3 ways but it's cool.

Here's my "new" maybe early 1960's bag with the "all-red" looking ones.

SideTwo_25pct.jpg

oh man, no, wouldn't that be a drooler.

mine is about 21/32".

technical edit: in the 50's that might have been intended as a shooter, I think. :-)

You ever notice how MK bags say every bag contains a shooter but sometimes you gotta look really hard to find the mib which is a little larger than the rest?

i think i found a "sorta" match for that bright yellow one kev posted earlier in the thread....colors are certainly different, but otherwise...??? (that marble keeps me up at night!! LOL)

http://cgi.ebay.com/1STOP-RARE-Marble-King-hybrid-blue-green-yellow-marbles_W0QQitemZ120470193871QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMarbles?hash=item1c0c9546cf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

i think i found a "sorta" match for that bright yellow one kev posted earlier in the thread....colors are certainly different, but otherwise...??? (that marble keeps me up at night!! LOL)

http://cgi.ebay.com/1STOP-RARE-Marble-King-hybrid-blue-green-yellow-marbles_W0QQitemZ120470193871QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMarbles?hash=item1c0c9546cf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

You got me in stitches over here :lol:

i just hate to let this thread die....i know some of you "old time" collectors have some nice MK's to show! here's a couple more i got in the mail toay.

just under 1'' bengal: post-2092-125315588505_thumb.jpg

almost a hercules (darnit! nice blend though) and 5 color patch: post-2092-125315588734_thumb.jpg

"newer" hercules and nice green/yellow/purple rainbow: post-2092-125315588949_thumb.jpg

girlscouts (which i have the darnedest time finding): post-2092-125315589157_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...