Black Cats

cat's eye jack

Couple of technicalities.

Anacortes is in Washington.

Was Anacortes given as a possibility or as the definite answer? (Do black Vitro cats come only from Anacortes is the question.)

Now about the ones on the right, two candidates for 4 vane black cats are MK and Heaton. What shade is the black, like if you try to look through them at the sun or somethin'? amethyst? brown?

Couple of technicalities.

Anacortes is in Washington.

Was Anacortes given as a possibility or as the definite answer? (Do black Vitro cats come only from Anacortes is the question.)

Now about the ones on the right, two candidates for 4 vane black cats are MK and Heaton. What shade is the black, like if you try to look through them at the sun or somethin'? amethyst? brown?

sorry steph, i typed in WV instead of WA. david i.d. them as anacortes. the ones on right look amethyst looking thru them. thanks, jack

I've seen them ID-ed before as Heaton based on the separation between the vanes. It was said that Marble Kings would join in the center. But I'm not sure if that opinion was shared by all. Also, I'm not sure whether Heaton's were amethyst. Some at least were brown. I THINK. (would love confirmation or correction on that)

Modern Marble Kings were amethyst. At least some of them.

A lot of the Heaton's cats where quite normal in appearance -- ie. the vanes

came together in the center.

The group on the right in the first post are most likely C.E. Bogard. They had

the vane separation, the purpley colour, and the sprinkling of air bubbles.

I've got about 15 - 20 different Heaton Cat Eyes bags and none of them have any dark brown, black, amethyst colors cat's in them. Most are 4 vane that look close to MK style but some do have a little separation in the center. In my CE Bogard bags, there are many with the 'black' cat's-eyes.

Outside of the Vitro and Bogard ones mentioned above and maybe a black Peltier banana (although I personally think they are foreign), most of the black cat's or cat's with black vanes are foreign made - Japan, Mexico and now China, Taiwan & other places inthe Far East.

A lot of the Heaton's cats where quite normal in appearance -- ie. the vanes

came together in the center.

The group on the right in the first post are most likely C.E. Bogard. They had

the vane separation, the purpley colour, and the sprinkling of air bubbles.

I have 4 I think are Bogard -- they have the slight vane separation, but are more very dark brown (extremely thin, almost transparent) with the sprinkling of bubbles. Opinions?