Any Diaper Folds

mswitzer3

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Ann, they aren't diaperfolds!! LOL But, it is in this thread for the time being....

The construction of a German handmade swirl is usually based on a "core" with a layer of clear, then a second outer pattern, then a layer of clear. Making it a 2 stage design (inner / outer)

Some of the solid core marbles have a solid (usually white) center, with a layer of transparent stripes (Like the green of the one pictured, which sits on top of the white, but really doesn't look to me as if there's any actual space between it and the white) In some cases, those stripes stand out from the solid just enough to see that they are not fully attached.

In a very technical way, that makes it another "layer" or stage... BUT, from the collectors point of view, that is still a part of the core design. Not another intentionally different layer of pattern.

Where there is "wiggleroom" a buck can be made on the less informed!! But, these solid core marbles are NOT what is considered a tri-stage to those who understand the rarity they are paying for.

I know the distinction you're trying to make between matching the description and meeting the criteria was a little tricky to express!!! LOL

I have a feeling we can agree on a LOT of things... As long as outside influences let us!! ;)

I want to see the diaper folds in yours, so far you have only shown other peoples marbles, you told me when i met you that you sold every vintage marble you had because collecting vintage mibs was dumb and a waste of time..

You believe everything your told? So far they are ALL my marbles.I see you have posted ZERO diaper folds for this thread as well!

My link

Kevin...... Scott...... PLEASE stop this!!!

Kevin, I want to apologize for telling you to shut up... After a years worth of trying to tell you politely, finally, something worked... And, please note that it DID work. I didn't want to be that blunt... But, it seemed to be the only way to stop what is beginning to churn up again...

Neither of you is an angel... But, it seems pretty clear to me who is dogging who, here...

After the last blast when Scott was banned, I pushed for both to be banned... Kevin, since then, you've been a great board member. I really enjoy your posts (I know you probably hate me for what I said... But.... It was a last resort) I like YOU... I don't want to be PO'd at you... I don't want to have to support the loss of either of you... GROW UP!!

PLEASE don't carry this on any further. You both know it won't end well unless you both stop it.

I'm outta here for the NE show... I REALLY hope your both here and not fighting when I get back!!!

(Geeeeeez, good thing I have "mother" experience... :rolleyes: )

Is this one a diaperfold?

Single seam. Fairly clean loop on one side. But it had a hiccup on the other side. It's great. But I would hesitate to post it as an example of a DF if I was trying to explain the concept to someone.

dabo22_marblealan.jpg

Very cool in more than one way but not quite this:

diaperfold.jpg

"So then your saying your a liar? you just lie to people all the time? i have diaper folds and there MINE not random pictures i picked up off the internet. I don't have anything to prove to you."

Always with the speculations? I could care less if you have a hundred diaper folds.You havent a clue what i have or have not.

My link Hey sue, the post is pretty funny,considering swirlflunkys remarks in the START of this thread.He has posted nothing useful in this thread and tries to hijack it everytime he posts.Check your facts, get it straight. thanxs swirly for the ip#174.101.232.71

Kevin, I want to apologize for telling you to shut up... After a years worth of trying to tell you politely, finally, something worked... And, please note that it DID work. I didn't want to be that blunt... But, it seemed to be the only way to stop what is beginning to churn up again...

Neither of you is an angel... But, it seems pretty clear to me who is dogging who, here...

After the last blast when Scott was banned, I pushed for both to be banned... Kevin, since then, you've been a great board member. I really enjoy your posts (I know you probably hate me for what I said... But.... It was a last resort) I like YOU... I don't want to be PO'd at you... I don't want to have to support the loss of either of you... GROW UP!!

PLEASE don't carry this on any further. You both know it won't end well unless you both stop it.

I'm outta here for the NE show... I REALLY hope your both here and not fighting when I get back!!!

(Geeeeeez, good thing I have "mother" experience... :rolleyes: )

You can step down off your high horse any time now Sue, im not sure what you referring to, but i don't take orders from anyone especially not some person on a forum with IM A MODERATOR SO YOU BETTER LIKE IT OR YOUR BANNED attitude.

Second, after a years worth of trying to tell me politely? wtf are you talking about, you wasn't even around here for the last year that this board WAS running smoothly, I STOPPED POSTING BECAUSE YOU LET TRASH ON THIS BOARD! Just like about a dozen other people, not because of anything you said so get that out of your head now.

Just how many people have you officially cussed out in PM now Sue just curious?

Now lets be honest, the only reason your allowing trash back on here is because he's laid off of you and Lou, which is ok, but don't expect me to sit by and let him make pokes at me and not say something. Your letting someone on this board who is just waiting for someone to say some thing wrong so he can go run to his pathetic forum and talk crap and then bann people so they can't defend them selves WHICH IS VERY COWARDLY !!

Did you honestly think there would be nothing happen by letting him back on here? Give me a BREAK!

NOTE: YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY RUN OFF "MOST" OF THE GOOD MEMBERS there are a few good people left here but they complain daily about how down hill it's went here!! So Congrats!

Don't lie and say you like me in public so you look good Sue, you done showed your (_|_). Or wait maybe you are that way, i mean you let Scott bash you to hell and back and then said o0o he's still my friend! your post was nothing but BAIT and i gladly took it, if nobody else wants to stand up and say something fine, BUT I DAMN SURE WONT SHUT UP BECAUSE YOU SAID TO!!

Don't bother banning me, i will gladly never sign in here again trust me!

Just stay cool, Scott.... It takes 2 to argue... Relax and focus "On Topic."

No sense in trying to show me anything... We all can see. I'm headin' out (This is my last stop at the desk...) Pointing fingers isn't gonna do anything more than escalate the arguement....

In Fact... Maybe a helpful hint for you both.... It seems to me that you can each block each others posts... If it stirss up a "burn" to see each other posting, block each other and "Poooof" to each, the other goes away... Simple... easy...

I'm not sure how to do it, but I am sure that either Lou or Steph would be MORE than happy to help....

Play nice.... See ya Sunday!!

Scoop, on 09 October 2009 - 04:06 PM, said:

(Geeeeeez, good thing I have "mother" experience... )

You can step down off your high horse any time now Sue, im not sure what you referring to, but i don't take orders from anyone especially not some person on a forum with IM A MODERATOR SO YOU BETTER LIKE IT OR YOUR BANNED attitude.

Second, after a years worth of trying to tell me politely? wtf are you talking about, you wasn't even around here for the last year that this board WAS running smoothly, I STOPPED POSTING BECAUSE YOU LET TRASH ON THIS BOARD! Just like about a dozen other people, not because of anything you said so get that out of your head now.

Just how many people have you officially cussed out in PM now Sue just curious?

Now lets be honest, the only reason your allowing trash back on here is because he's laid off of you and Lou, which is ok, but don't expect me to sit by and let him make pokes at me and not say something. Your letting someone on this board who is just waiting for someone to say some thing wrong so he can go run to his pathetic forum and talk crap and then bann people so they can't defend them selves WHICH IS VERY COWARDLY !!

Did you honestly think there would be nothing happen by letting him back on here? Give me a BREAK!

NOTE: YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY RUN OFF "MOST" OF THE GOOD MEMBERS there are a few good people left here but they complain daily about how down hill it's went here!! So Congrats!

Don't lie and say you like me in public so you look good Sue, you done showed your (_|_). Or wait maybe you are that way, i mean you let Scott bash you to hell and back and then said o0o he's still my friend! your post was nothing but BAIT and i gladly took it, if nobody else wants to stand up and say something fine, BUT I DAMN SURE WONT SHUT UP BECAUSE YOU SAID TO!!

Kevin

OK Kevin... Fine... you just keep up doing whatever you want...

I really don't understand why it's ME that's getting flack for Scott's return... Maybe, because he showed up around the same time?

Yes, I've known Scott for a very long time.... We've been both friends and enemies.... Sometimes at the SAME time.... It's one of the oddest relationships I've never been able to explain... But, it works.

HOWEVER.... I did NOT have anything to do with his return.

So imagine.... I suddenly get VERY rude PM's outta the BLUE accusing me of "allowing" Scott back on the board???

No "Hi Sue"... No "Hey can we discuss this?" No.... Just a scathing blast telling me how terrible I am for that, for how I talk about ID's (I'm SORRY!! IT'S TRUE!! AND, I don't think it's such a big deal!!) and then, the posts from people I've gone out on a limb for, complaining that I have contempt for the board members???

Well.... I'm really sorry... But, when I walk in out of the blue and suddenly get a bunch of rotten eggs thrown at me, I tend to be a little defensive!!

The whole thing with Steve was a totally different situation. But, I had them both coming at me at the same time from different directions... So Kevin, if YOU can speak out when you feel you've been crossed, I'm supposed to suck it up??? NO, I think not....

I simply don't understand why you say....

I STOPPED POSTING BECAUSE YOU LET TRASH ON THIS BOARD!

Why ME??? Again.... READ MY LIPS....

HOWEVER.... I did NOT have anything to do with his return.

Also... You say

with IM A MODERATOR SO YOU BETTER LIKE IT OR YOUR BANNED attitude.

I think I've said it before SEVERAL times.... I CANNOT BAN OR UNBAN A MEMBER!!!

AGAIN???

I CANNOT BAN OR UNBAN A MEMBER!!!

ONE MORE TIME......

I CANNOT BAN OR UNBAN A MEMBER!!!

I think maybe Lou can give you an idea of how many times I've requested that a member be banned....

I know when he decided to ban Tom Reed, I suggested that Scott & Tracy be banned at the same time... When Scott was banned, I think I suggested that YOU be banned at the same time...

In all cases, I felt those people were equally responsible...

Beyond that... I'm not sure... I know I saved a few butts from GETTING banned...

(And for that, little thanks)

Oh and, we won't even go into the accusation of my "Playing Favorites" (which has come up, somewhere...) I really don't get that at all... Half the reason I get into trouble is because I call a shot on someone who feels THEY should be the favorite...

So...... When you say....

Guess what?? (See above... in red...)

Again... I apologize for telling you to shut up. My job is to stop trouble and it was just getting to that point... You do whatever you want.

I'm REALLY outta here.... (To the show....)

Good Luck folks....