Hyper-Bubbly . . .

Ric

Does anyone have any thoughts on the yellow patch on bubbly clear (Vitro?) shown at the top of page 174 in Popular American Marbles? I always thought this was a Peltier until I noticed that pic - now I'm wondering . . .

2508262270104684377S500x500Q85.jpg

I'd like to know more about those. I'd guess Pelt myself. I find myself wishing we had more close-up pix of the late 1930's mesh bags, such as the Rippled Wheat bags. That's my best guess at the mo' for the packaging they could be in. I'm really just brainstorming but that is where some other rainbo glass pelt patches are found.

I do have a glowing based bubbly white ribbon rainbo. Might be a relative. The base is slightly green tinted on mine. I can't tell if yours is tinted or not. Mine is noticeably tinted.

I'm open to hearing more about the Vitro option, but right now I'm still leaning pelt.

Thanks Steph, I think these are all Pelt too . . . but that pic in P.A.M. has me scratching my head . . . have you seen it? I always thought similar Vitros (Victories) had a bubble-free base.

And the base on the two glowers does indeed have a light green tint. I also have others that don't glow, and the base is not tinted on those. -Ric

I have not seen that book yet. I had read the bad press and decided to pass. But in the last year I've heard more than one person refer to it so I might have to get it after all. :-)

The photos are so bad as to be unreliable. Either (1) Don't waste your money, or (2) I'll send you mine, Steph!

Hit your Victories with the UV...my white ones glow.

Hey Rick, Oddly enough, none of mine glow. But maybe I'm biasing the result, since I have the free-form patches with real bubbly bases in with my Pelts - thinking that the base on Victories is bubble-free. Do your Victories have bubbly bases like the ones I show? Am I sorting these correctly? Thanks.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the yellow patch on bubbly clear (Vitro?) shown at the top of page 174 in Popular American Marbles? I always thought this was a Peltier until I noticed that pic - now I'm wondering . . .

2508262270104684377S500x500Q85.jpg

Hi Ric

IMO Vitro Victories have to be completly clear glass. I think your marbles are Pelts or Kokomo, I would lean towards Kokomo. Jim

...are there some brown horsehair filaments running down the edge of the patch...1:00-5:00 ???

Thanks again, Rick, it's not really brown, looks a bit more like a blackish contaminant, and there's a fine streak of yellow slightly separated from the main patch there too, where the base glass shows through a bit, which adds to that appearance . . . I think.

. . . IMO Vitro Victories have to be completly clear glass. I think your marbles are Pelts or Kokomo, I would lean towards Kokomo. Jim

And thanks to you too, Jim. I agree that the Victory base should be bubble-free. And I had always thought Pelt made this type - I don't think I've ever seen similar attributed to Kokomo, but it wouldn't surprise me too much, and I am in Indiana so . . .?

If I were to somehow acquire a pile of clear based bubbly Peltier Peerless Patches... and if I were to somehow win, earn, attain, or come into possession or ownership of Ric's marble, I would put that marble in my pile of clear based bubbly Peltier Peerless Patches.(or my POCBBPPPs for short)

but then again, I may be completely crazy.