Tumbled Glass

just wanted to show off the wifes work. she start's with a piece of swirled glass around 2-6 lbs. and breakes it into pieces from 3/4" to 2" then it goes into her rock tumblers for 8 steps of assorted grit's 10 days each plus another 8 soap washings for 10 days each.it's very difficult to get a final high gloss with glass and they say on a rock tumbler she is one of the best. my photos don't do it justice. thanks, jack

post-1692-126012819862_thumb.jpg

post-1692-126012821316_thumb.jpg

post-1692-126012823379_thumb.jpg

beautiful!

thanks everyone for looking. right now she is mostly stockpiling the pieces of glass until we think of a good idea how to move a few. awhile back i drilled a hole in a few for some pendent's but were both workers and not sellers so there still around somewhere. if anyone would like a piece plain or drilled just shoot us with e-mail and we will get it out to you. thanks, jack and her (lol). it's linda

Nice! I recommend she check out the site "ETSY". It is a site primarily for sellers of handmade stuff (and vintage stuff, too). I imagine her glass pieces would fit in well there, and not only would some people buy the pieces just to display, but others might want to buy to use in their projects.

AND, a number of people sell marbles on that site as well, if you know anyone who might be interested in marbles...

lol

Ruth

just wanted to show off the wifes work. she start's with a piece of swirled glass around 2-6 lbs. and breakes it into pieces from 3/4" to 2" then it goes into her rock tumblers for 8 steps of assorted grit's 10 days each plus another 8 soap washings for 10 days each.it's very difficult to get a final high gloss with glass and they say on a rock tumbler she is one of the best. my photos don't do it justice. thanks, jack

i googled up beach glass once and you should have seen all the gorgeous beach glass. many years ago it had been the city dump and all that broken glass washed around and back and forth and finally made it to the beach and it is absolutely beyond belief.