Ot: Blizzard Warning 'til Midnite Wednesday

Steph

How can you get cold when you don't leave the house?

How can you be so stupid when you should be smart?

(She can be cold and still be inside. duh.)

good luck with the storm, Steph...and anyone else in it's path.

How can you get cold when you don't leave the house?

[/quote

How can you be so stupid when you should be smart?

(She can be cold and still be inside. duh.)

good luck with the storm, Steph...and anyone else in it's path.

Duh back to ya...if you can afford to collect marbles you can afford feul for the furnace...turn up the heat.

Oooh, nice cold pic.

It's actually not too bad here either. I'm in Manitowoc. (Need to look up Lannon on a map.)

I slipped on my sandals (lol) and went out to the porch to enjoy the view. There's a park across the way with Christmas lights.

Very pretty actually.

7:00 here on Cyclone Drilling Rig #20 in North Dakota. Ambient temp is a balmy -16F. Good thing the wind is blowing to make it feel like -40.

Hey Buddy, you should smell the invert on the heaters out here.........burns your eyes when you walk in the doghouse. But we just keep on turning to the right. Everything is tarped in.

<_< Where's the tongue-sticky-out icon! :P:rolleye-842:

The fun started last night when the wind blew a power line down and into the street. That adventure only lasted about two hours. Some heroes from the power company came out into the bluster and took care of that.

The snow in the drive is only about 5 inches deep. Not so bad. The problem is the 3 foot high mound of compressed snow boulders the road plow wedged onto the base of the drive.

Luckily, Jimmy doesn't have to leave for work for about three hours. Hopefully I can save him from most of it before he wakes up.

Later everybody!

We woke up to a "Wiener Wonderland!!!" From my office window, it's not too deep... But, since I didn't get to the PO yesterday to ship ebay stuff, I sure wish I had my van in the garage, instead of all that antique collectibles crap!!! LOL

They say it's supposed to turn to rain later.... Oh Joy!!! water on top of 6-8" of snow....

Geez... As I typed that the power went out for about 5 seconds... I better send this quick!!!

post-3-12603794243_thumb.jpg

Steph.... You know the next step after wearing sandals in the snow!!! LOL

post-3-126037984483_thumb.jpg

Dirty Jobs was great last night!!!! Though, I was hopin' they'd introduce the investors...

Jo.... What a great looking couple!!! ;)

Oooh, nice cold pic.

It's actually not too bad here either. I'm in Manitowoc. (Need to look up Lannon on a map.)

I slipped on my sandals (lol) and went out to the porch to enjoy the view. There's a park across the way with Christmas lights.

Very pretty actually.

well It is only about 1 1/2 hours north . I and been there a few times ,is that where the Norman Rockwell Museum is ? the old school house ? Mike

post-94-126039553793_thumb.jpg

We woke up to a "Wiener Wonderland!!!" From my office window, it's not too deep... But, since I didn't get to the PO yesterday to ship ebay stuff, I sure wish I had my van in the garage, instead of all that antique collectibles crap!!! LOL

They say it's supposed to turn to rain later.... Oh Joy!!! water on top of 6-8" of snow....

Geez... As I typed that the power went out for about 5 seconds... I better send this quick!!!

post-3-12603794243_thumb.jpg

Steph.... You know the next step after wearing sandals in the snow!!! LOL

post-3-126037984483_thumb.jpg

Dirty Jobs was great last night!!!! Though, I was hopin' they'd introduce the investors...

Jo.... What a great looking couple!!! ;)

Sue...interesting thing is that Jabo requested the run be done on that day for the show taping. We were at the Vegas show at the time. It cost a small fortune to change the flights to get to OH. you'd think they could have at least mentioned that it was a private consumers party! It was interesting to see on tape (for all the world) where all the lutz ended up! just saying...

well It is only about 1 1/2 hours north . I and been there a few times ,is that where the Norman Rockwell Museum is ? the old school house ? Mike

Rockwell Museum? Haven't heard of that one. But there are a lot of museums. Local history. Maritime. A wood type museum in the next town up the line which I kinda liked. And I don't know what all. We do have something called the Rahr West Art Museum which folks are proud of so I hate to admit I haven't visited it.

The snow in the drive is only about 5 inches deep. Not so bad. Theproblem is the 3 foot high mound of compressed snow boulders the roadplow wedged onto the base of the drive.

We got about 15" of wet and heavy snow. I practically killed myself shoveling out a long double driveway, only to have the city plow in the entrance again with mountains of sand-encrusted snow. They do it every time. You can be standing there with your shovel, and the driveway all cleared off, and they'll still do it, and gleefully.

We got about 15" of wet and heavy snow. I practically killed myself shoveling out a long double driveway, only to have the city plow in the entrance again with mountains of sand-encrusted snow. They do it every time. You can be standing there with your shovel, and the driveway all cleared off, and they'll still do it, and gleefully.

Ouch!

Good news here tho'. No new snow to speak of overnight. A sultry steamy 10 degrees! :cool-smileys-262:

I suspect the glee is like gallows humor. They gotta be out in the snow so they find something to laugh about.

Hey, we have a newly retired snow plow operator on the board, don't we? Gene, if you are reading, any input into this? ^_^

I suspect the glee is like gallows humor. They gotta be out in the snow so they find something to laugh about.

Are you kidding me??? I don't know about Gene's situation, but I used to work with some guys that contracted to the State of Massachusetts... They used to LOVE the snow!!! They'd be out there in a nice warm truck, with a couple of six-packs, listenin' to tunes, with no family hassles... All the while rackin' up HUGE bucks!!! There's a spot under a bridge, in a remote part of Lowell where they can all get together for hours at a time and hang out, waitin' for the accumulation, rather than quit ('Seen it many times!!) It's a tough gig, but somebody has to do it!!! LOL