Old Running Rabbit Auction, Looking For More Info!

Hello everyone! I'm looking for more info and pics on a marble sold through a Running Rabbit auction years ago. It's a large single pontil mist Lutz. Here's the only pic I could find of this marble, it's a group photo of the best marbles from that RR auction.

I hope someone can help me out.

post-92-126433294838_thumb.jpg

Don't you just love those RR postcards. I have something like 25 different ones. I think people are going to have difficulty saying anything about this marble. Without your intro. info. re. it I'd have figured it to be a Vacor interloper from the late 1980s. You sure you aren't putting us on and did some trick photography and snuck this one into the postcard? David

Don't you just love those RR postcards. I have something like 25 different ones. I think people are going to have difficulty saying anything about this marble. Without your intro. info. re. it I'd have figured it to be a Vacor interloper from the late 1980s. You sure you aren't putting us on and did some trick photography and snuck this one into the postcard? David

No, I didn't do anything to the photo. It's clearly a single pontil mist Lutz. The only one I've ever seen.

Can you maybe post scans of your RR postcards here? I'm sure a lot of people want to see them!

Jeroen,

I had the oportunity to see and hold a 2"+ single pontil green mist lutz about 8 years ago . I don't think it was the one that Danny sold in his auction but the purchase price was $10k. The collector that had it has since then sold his collection so don't know where it is now. That is the only big single pontil one I have seen. I have seen several two pontil over an inch, but they are rare. Bill

Jeroen,

I had the oportunity to see and hold a 2"+ single pontil green mist lutz about 8 years ago . I don't think it was the one that Danny sold in his auction but the purchase price was $10k. The collector that had it has since then sold his collection so don't know where it is now. That is the only big single pontil one I have seen. I have seen several two pontil over an inch, but they are rare. Bill

Thanks Bill! aaah, so there's more than one of these beauties out there!

Maybe someone else knows where the marble Bill is talking about is? I'd love to see pics of that one!

Hi Jeroen / all do you know the auction number ?? I have a lot of the cards but there all over the place but I know where my tapes and catalogs are ,that might help . Mike

Hi Mike, sorry I have no idea what the auction number is...I found the pic on www.buymarbles.com, they have pics of several RR auction cards, but no extra info.

I don't have any more info on the auction. However, I did have a collector bring one of these to the appraisal table a few years back at the Kansas City Marble Show. It was 1 1/2 or a bit larger. It was mint BUT had an internal fracture that looked to be there from manufacture. I am pretty sure she wanted 4 or 5 thousand for it.

Craig