What Am I Missing With This Auction

This may sound dumb... Cuz, I'm asking questions about stuff I don't know... I'm just wonderin'

Is there any chance those amber-ish ones could be peach?

And, that last picture... The opalescent marble... Isn't that an opal, or something??

Sorry for the sounding dumb thing... These are just areas I see, but don't pay a whole lot of attention to... And, if someone can come in and tell me why I'm wrong (which I suspect I am...) It may be a good educational thing...

The bag is cool...

This may sound dumb... Cuz, I'm asking questions about stuff I don't know... I'm just wonderin'

Is there any chance those amber-ish ones could be peach?

And, that last picture... The opalescent marble... Isn't that an opal, or something??

Sorry for the sounding dumb thing... These are just areas I see, but don't pay a whole lot of attention to... And, if someone can come in and tell me why I'm wrong (which I suspect I am...) It may be a good educational thing...

The bag is cool...

Hi Sue,

Soon as I receive them, I will take some better photo's and maybe we can figure out what they are... Secondly, what do you think about a Dry Cleaner trying to clean up the bag...

If you live in a big enough town, you might be able to find a dry cleaner who does specialty work. When I worked at a museum, we had some of our 19th century textiles nicely cleaned by a dry cleaner, but it's not cheap -- basically you have to pay them to dump the tank, flush it, and refill it with sparkling new dry-cleaning fluid . . . might not be worth it. But you could ask one what they think . . .

Secondly, what do you think about a Dry Cleaner trying to clean up the bag...

I think you'd be going through a lot of risk to possibly end up with a bag that looks like a repro... Or, worse...

As far as bags that I've seen go, this really isn't bad... If it means a lot to you to have a perfect and clean one, it may be easier and cheaper to search one out in that original condition.

Besides the fading possibility if dry cleaned you might experience shrinking because we're talking about real animal leather here I would imagine. I had a great doll's

cord. Jacket with a mink collar(1930s) dry cleaned and the collar shrank(Yikes! The backer for the collar was leather). Thankfully my friend Sharron(2 r's) made a whole new collar for me from some look-a-like fur fabric that I got at the fabric store. And made it and sewed it on for me.....what a gal! I don't know, hat's kind of a grungy looking bag. Unless it's super rare I'd hold out for something better but I'm not up on what's what in Akro bags not was I ever. David

P.S. You might wind up having to have the marbles shrunk to pee wee size.

I don't know, hat's kind of a grungy looking bag. Unless it's super rare I'd hold out for something better but I'm not up on what's what in Akro bags not was I ever. David

P.S. You might wind up having to have the marbles shrunk to pee wee size.

Ahaha...good one, David.