Shamrock Marbles For 2010

I am not here to stand up for or defend anyone. I simply started a thread with some nice marble pics. But obviously off topic posts, birthday wishes and pet pictures are the main focus here anyway. Funny how every thread here turns into an attack. That's it for me...

Craig

Damn Craig... I missed 'em and I'd really love to see them...

PLEASE put 'em back and stay with us!!

If these are John's marbles, I'm sure they must have his gold shamrock signature... This signature isn't just on the surface where it can be rubbed off, it's indented. Making removal quite difficult...

John is a great guy and deeply cares about his marbles NOT being confused with vintage...

John McCormack is, of course, the epitome of integrity and while initially a few years ago some of his earliest smaller Christensen-like examples got loose out there he right away went to work on establishing a defining and indelible mark on his marbles which is incised literally laser-like. Actually I think it is heat applied. Actually, I don't quite remember! I want some of these in the 5/8" size. Never especially got off on 1" and 1"+ machine-mades. Some of my favorite marbles were made by John. David

If anyone who cannot see the difference between a genuine Christensen and a Shamrock or a Jabo, they shouldn't risk their money on them. I think John went out of his way to stamp his marbles to not get into confusion, but my favorites are his early works without the stamp. I really think that people who are worried on these contemporary marbles being confused with antique ones are either color blind like Galen or seriously do not know what they are talking about.

Sami