Champion?

That does look very mucousy. I have bought several Akros from Gremlin, and had to problems, BUT I have been disappointed in some of the descriptions he writes for other types of marbles. Even a newbie like me can sense that he don't know marbles, or is deceiving. I thought his ebay handle is in another thread here about sellers on ebay to be wary of?

Well, I'm not familiar with all that not being an eBay regular but the marble on its own is a tasty Dave McCullough 1980s creation done as part of a larger pkg. of marbles partially commissioned by Cathy Runyan-Svacina as she rightly so felt it was about time that there were some neat marbles out there for kids. I've sold sets of something like 28 different marbles from that run which I purchased around 1991 from Charlie Stutsman so I'm somewhat familiar with them. David

Well, I'm not familiar with all that not being an eBay regular but the marble on its own is a tasty Dave McCullough 1980s creation done as part of a larger pkg. of marbles partially commissioned by Cathy Runyan-Svacina as she rightly so felt it was about time that there were some neat marbles out there for kids.

Tell us more. I don't know the story behind the new old fashioned run(s)?

Not really a heck-of-a-lot to add. Thankfully Charlie Stutsman(general A&C Dealer) was selling these in sets of 28 different and also in qtys. of each variety. He provided names for most of them as a selling vehicle. I provide a small history on how thee marbles happened to come into existence via Cathy & Champion plus a separate listing of the different marbles with names(in most cases) and the same descriptions that Charlie provided for identification. As I recall there's a picture of the set in the Champion article at joemarbles.com although I believe it has a little better definition at Marble Mental but it would be hidden way back in her pages these days. When I found out that Dave McCullough didn't have a set of these himself(Steve S. clued me in) I sent him one. Least I could do after all the perks he'd sent my way. I really think that after a little acquaintance with these marbles you would be able to readily recognize them in the wild. Then I've known them intimately for about 20 years! David

The particularly irritating thing about this is that this Seller is giving a perfectly legitimate marble made by Champion Agate Co. a negative reputation that it does not deserve, because the seller may very well be found out eventually by the buyer and you can be assured that the buyer's distaste for the transaction will be broadcast. I suspect that already a few reading this will be thinking less of the Champion Agate marble. It pisses me off especially as others have stated here that this is probably deliberate fraud. I blame eBay as well for not allowing other people to contact prospective buyers; they are complicit. I've half a mind to jump into eBay myself just for the satisfaction of scoring Sellers in situations like this but there's no reason that anyone of you can't do what you can. I'm making enough trouble elsewhere as is abundantly well known. David

That does look very mucousy. I have bought several Akros from Gremlin, and had to problems, BUT I have been disappointed in some of the descriptions he writes for other types of marbles. Even a newbie like me can sense that he don't know marbles, or is deceiving. I thought his ebay handle is in another thread here about sellers on ebay to be wary of?

Gremlin is deliberately deceptive in his/her descriptions, to put it mildly. To be more accurate, I'd classify that seller as a liar & ripoff artist, but then I'm kind of plain-spoken.

David:

I was just trying to make th epoint that there was an original Peltier rainbo with somewhat those type of colors (pink base with orange and yellow). I definitely know the difference as I posted this Champions picture from my collection when the topic first came up on this board a few weeks back on same marble....

Don

MVC-001F.jpg