Opinions Please Cac

I don't know these are not me strength but take a look on pg. 138 of Bob Block's "Collecting Early Machine-Made Marbles (The M.F. Christensen & Son Co. and Christensen Agate Company" (2003). There's one there that is the spittin' image and it even has those splotches of powder blue. Joe Bob says, "Check it out!" David

Remelt IMO and he has had a couple of them lately IMO. Not saying he knows but there are some givaways. On some of the pics you can see all the small surface bubble pops that one can sometimes find on remelts. This is just my opinion.

I think that we each one of us have in our mind our own idea of what a Guinea is suppose to look like. Often the major collections completely blow away those misconceptions. And the examples shown in books often do the same thing. I'm not saying that Bob didn't have a fake slip into his book COLLECTING EARLY MACHINE-MADE MARBLES (2003) but as I mentioned above if you go to page 138 you will not only see the spittin' image of this marble but others of the same style. Also I viewed all the eBay views of this marble and can't figure how anyone could determine one way or the other that there were multiple surface bubble pops. Mind you, I'm not defending this marble I'm just providing some fairly solid reference information that appears to go against most of the opinions in this Thread. Guineas are most definitely not one of my strengths. David

If you are saying "huh" to my post, let me explain......the books are full of mis-info, especially the older ones. And you can only do so much with a photo. Handling marbles and marble shows is a way better learning tool for me. Your mileage may vary, and I am sure it does. If books blow your skirt up, thats cool by me.