My Little Pile Of Pee Wees

Gosh,

Pee wees seem to me the hardest size to come across. This small butter plate (dug) is the sum of all my pee wees. Akro seems to be the most represented. I recently got the purple flintie in the wild in Nevada. The Moonies were supposedly all dug marbles, and the two with the oxblood also. I beleive there is a Acme Reeler in there, as well as a couple of Champs. I have no idea about the cats eye. One Marble King, and then a transparent colored swirl that I have no idea, but it has some intense colors when backlit. So....is it me, or are pee wees just a wee bit harder to find?

11rd9fl.jpg

Alley had some special pee wees. I believe Clyde told me once that he had managed to get together over a doz. different Alley Agate Co. Pee Wees. Marble King made a group of cat's-eye pee wees in five different colors each one four vanes and 3/8". It's cool to have a set of them. They came in bags of 90 I think it was. Charlie Stutsman stuffed those Red Boxes (USA 10 Cents) with Champion pee wees, mostly solid colors or transparent colors). Of course Vacor has put out sets of cat's-eye pee wees. I think they're the 6 vane, 3 color, 3V variety. I have a few Cairo pee wees that were dug. There are Bennington Pee Wees. There are matrix pee wees a colored clay marble used in late 19th Century Century Matrix Design Games. Jabo definitely and some colossal ones. And don't forget Akro. Anyway, there are a few to think about. Oh, all sorts of mineral marbles have been made in pee wee size and my favorite are some perfect bullseye malachite pee wees. David

Nice pee wees Marblemiser and triker! David, I have a Bennington brown pee wee that is so ugly that I cannot see anyone wanting to use it. By that I mean the little round touch marks where they contacted each other during the glazing process has protroding knobs that would make in impossible to roll and uncomfortable to use as a game marble. I didn't include it because it is just an ugly betty. But I won't toss it!

I got a buncha clearies of many sizes from wee wee to shooter for Christmas in 1976. I've been under the impression that they came in a Champ Bicentennial bag. Could be wrong about that. But that's my best guess for the wee wee clearies - Champ.

Alley

The clearie wee wees I got in 1976 would not have been Alley. Pretty sure about that.

I have also bought amber wee wees in Champion packaging, within the last 10 years. Didn't mention that earlier because there's a good chance the bag was backfilled.

I have some mystery pee wees of my own. Got my 2nd Jumpo Marblo box tonight. Here's my first box, half the patches are peewees, half a tad over 1/2".

post-279-1217092584.jpg

The Jumpo Marblo set was a Rosenthal product. Rosenthal was a jobber, so who knows where they got the mibs from. Berry Pink was an executive with them, and had Alley and Pelt connections, so that might be a clue, but who knows?

The clearie wee wees I got in 1976 would not have been Alley. Pretty sure about that.

I have also bought amber wee wees in Champion packaging, within the last 10 years. Didn't mention that earlier because there's a good chance the bag was backfilled.

Maybe the Alley boxes were wet and David McCullough had them put in 50 pound Champion boxes...

I once had a chance, a long time ago,

to purchase a mesh bag full of pee wee's

I think were 3/8in.

There were different colors & transparent.

The header said Aquamarine.

They were to put in fish tanks.

I passed at the time.

And when I figured that I wanted them

(well) I had a chance.

They were gone. And I have never seen

another bag like them>

marblemiser

Bill, those Alley p's are very colorful and nice! Did you acquire them in a bunch or were they periodic finds here and there? I've been looking at original mesh bag marbles of various types, and pee wees don't seem to be mixed in. I guess they were sold as is and wouldn't be included in bags or boxes? I'm just wondering because they really do seem to be hard to come by.