Hand Made Question

I think there is a small change they might be authentic, but the colors seem a little strange (too bright for this type of marble). I would need to see the pontils to be sure. The pontils on these types of marbles are always highly facetted. I have several butterflies and large opaques and they all have facetted pontils.

Real nice. For some reason the yellow don't look right. (to bright) The base color on the top one looks like the lighting strike base color. The pontils look melted?. Nice mibs. Steve

The colors are different but really don't look like new marbles. I am very limited on my knowledge of the hand mades and will be the first to admit that.

The colors do look brighter but could be from the flash. My initial thought was newer - last pic of the "butterfly" almost looks like the looping you sometimes see on those contemporary "egg" type pieces of glass that sometimes end up with marble collections.

A Faceted pontil on the "butterfly" pattern is surprising, (most I've seen have rougher than normal pontils, and 1-1/4" would be the largest by far). I haven't seen them all, and of course now I'm really wanting to see other examples :)

Couple other thoughts: the glass on the vintage ones is usually prone to moons or chipping (some people might call it soft glass) mostly seen on the Clambroth styles. The white that looks overlaid on the 2nd marble can sometimes have blow holes or a rough texture compared to the base glass. I suppose you seeing them in hand would be the easiest way to know for sure since it's sometimes a tough detail to photo.

Couple other thoughts: the glass on the vintage ones is usually prone to moons or chipping (some people might call it soft glass) mostly seen on the Clambroth styles. The white that looks overlaid on the 2nd marble can sometimes have blow holes or a rough texture compared to the base glass. I suppose you seeing them in hand would be the easiest way to know for sure since it's sometimes a tough detail to photo.

One more to look at in Running Rabbit auction #52 idem #225..These are in much better condition..Yes glass is soft like a clambroth..They may be in hand at the Decatur show in November..

I agree with Jeroen....

I haven't had much personal contact with marbles like these. But, I've seen pictures and heard about them... I have a Leighton type with that yellow in it...

I'd like to hear what Lloyd thinks....

One more to look at in Running Rabbit auction #52 idem #225..These are in much better condition..Yes glass is soft like a clambroth..They may be in hand at the Decatur show in November..

Is Running Rabbit auction #52 idem #225 an auction with pictures? I'm itching to learn more about these

Fantastic marble Winnie. I see a huge difference in the quality and style(design) of yours and the first 2.

Come one come all to the fall Pride of the Prairie show at Decatur next weekend..The two marbles in question will be there Thur. Fri. and Sat..This show is always a nice friendly show..Free Admission..

• 2 weeks later...