My Little Cac Collection

I agree with Winnie. Unmarked reworked marbles has been a problem in the past and likely in the future. It has caused many arguments,cost money and confusion with new and seasoned collectors. It is hard to be sure that none will EVER get misrepresented in the future. Unless they are marked or something unique and identifiable.

I have some of the CAC cullet marbles and I have to say I believe a lot of the new Jabos will be more confusing to folks in the future. Maybe because I collect the CACs it is easy to spot the remelts. But like I have heard over and over make sure you know what you are buying if spending more than a few bucks.

It's an interesting topic. I am not sure there is a practical solution.

There is this table in the Getty Museum - perfect in every way and has no money value because it is so nice and so rare I was told by the guide. Then there's the same table with cigar burns, part of the wood is warped and it wiggles if you push on the corner. It belongs to my friend that told me his great great grandfather owned it and there is one just like it at the Getty Museum but that one is in pristine condition. He says he'd rather have his table that the Getty one because it has more value to him that the perfect one.

I don't know what sparked this memory but maybe one can learn from it. Maybe the value in the marble isn't how old or where it was made or who made it, maybe the value of the marble is in the emotional feeling one gets by owning it? I certainly don't know the answer.

I wouldn't mind owning one of those shooters myself Rich ;)

Galen said it right; KNOW YOUR MARBLES! This is the place to get that task done.

It took me a few years, but after listening to the CAC collectors long enough here at Lou's, I can now spot a remelt a mile away.

It is the misstakkes that make you really sit up straight and pay attention.

Thanks Galen, you were the most helpful in the CAC dept.