Canton Marble Show Thread

greg11

11:50pm almost midnight and craig snyders room is packed. brian estepp and many others buying up misc. I picked up a solitare set from craig. Clyde is running around chasing peltiers. Steve smith is carrying a pistol case with a massive blue slag. Bill Tite roaming the halls looking for that onionskin. Common handmades are not moving, machine mades doing great. I sold 500.00 worth in the first 4 hours.

slower today, guess us old folks cant stay up till midnight w/out taking long naps the next day. Tonight is much slower, not a lot going on. I picked up a jobber box of peltier peewees, a couple other cheapo boxes walked into my room. Plenty of Akro here, nice handmades are sought after, most common stuff not moving. A couple faces missing, Bill Bass, Art Jones, Tom Reed, Tom Harrod, etc so I would say slower than expected. Griff Made it, bill Tite is causing peoples jaws to drop, Bill Tow is missing, still say marble shows are a great source to find stuff and this was the first show i opened my room, sold a lot of machine mades and a solitare board.

Almost the entire first floor was filled with marble sellers. Today at the show, where were they? It looked to me like 2/3 or maybe 3/4 of them left before the show. How does a club pay for the showroom if that many people do not rent tables?

The room trading was great. There were about 50 or more rooms at peak time. Its always fun trying to find that special something. Many friends that I havent seen in many years I got to see again. Friday night is always slower as people want to pack. The actual show itself was very slow. Not many dealers. Not know why. Most people that usually set up but had open rooms during room trading didnt do the show. It also didnt help that there was another show that Roy Kaskee had going was same time.

I would like to know the attendance from people off the street for the actual show. I dont attend the shows, I just room trade, thats been my thing for many years. I dont like shows to be honest. i like room trading at my own pace and leave the morning of the show. Watch collectors have something called a get together where they meet at someones home or a resturaunt and do their trading and buying at that time. Shows are great if you get a bunch of people bring stuff off the street but what is the point if its the same dealers/collectors who have been hanging out in there rooms having fun. We should have more late night poker games, drinking and having fun.

Well it looked like it was going to be bust for me. Room traffic was good and I was selling marbles which is not typical for me. I never consider it a good show for me if I come out in the black. I'd like to thank everybody that was willing to sell me some nice mibs to make me go home happy with more mibs and way less money than I came with though there were some tense moments achieving that goal. Special thanx go out to Steve D. and Ron S. for their help. I may approach shows differently than some I like to set up a nice display in the room of my collection for the enjoyment of all who care too look. Selling a few is OK but not the goal.

Bill

Bill,

Were you the one with the outrageous purple / sea foam flame? If so, your collection is outstanding! I have never seen so many mint killers, that span the gamut between companies. Sorry for all my pestering......sometimes the marble envy gets the best of you:)

Craig

Bill,

Were you the one with the outrageous purple / sea foam flame? If so, your collection is outstanding! I have never seen so many mint killers, that span the gamut between companies. Sorry for all my pestering......sometimes the marble envy gets the best of you:)

Craig

Yea Craig that was (is) mine not for sale "no crazy price":-) I know better than to do that because sometimes somebodies crazier than I am. Bill