New Or Old?

Steph

29 members have voted

1. 1. New or old?

• New
    • Old
    • Don't know

Tally so far: 9 new, 5 old, 2 don't know.

If you voted new, why?

Spoiler (highlight for some background):

Some of these are pictured in Castle & Peterson, Marbles, the guide to machine made marbles, 1992, and Grist's Big Book of Marbles, 1993.

Interesting observation, Bill.

They predate the roll out of the exotics by quite a bit. How much, I don't know. But seems a comfortable amount. That's why I voted "old" and why I was curious about the new votes.

I voted "old" after I took one of your pictures into Photoshop and blew it up to 400% and looked real close at each marble. If they were new, there wouldn't be so many places of wear. A marble that size would have a much smoother surface in my opinion, unless the person making the marble was not a good technician...lol. Anyway, that's my guess.

The red/white/blue are the type of opaques that came out in abundance in 2000. There were other syles, colors but still that type. That's why I said some have fractures and imbeded dirt. If Craig got his from a digger it stands to reason that someone had a good size stash. It goes back to Steph's question what is considered an exotic? Sorry, the horse tried to get up.