How Many Coors Do You See?

Good example of a glass reaction using reactive glass and what a beautiful marble!!!!!

It was the basic Periodic Table elements that made the nice looking green line when the two reactive glass colors came into contact with each other at the molecular level. The glass itself didn't make the green but the metals in the original glass that did - what a wonderful example - thanks!!!!!

Same with the black/white reactions - I've had that same problem making a Zebra marble - another perfect example of chemical elements reacting but that was blending not mixing.

Thank you for the great examples!!!

If you'd like, I can make some marbles to show more reactive glass colors that show different colors because of the metals inside the making of the glass rod.

I can send them to you too if you want them - PM me an address and they are yours when I make them and after I post the results.

Rich

Alrighty then.

I think I understand it now <----(you might want to write that on yer calendar)

You explained it well Rich, thanks. I cant speak for others but for the most part , collectors use the term ’ blend’ or ‘blended’ so basically they’re right…even if they do or don’t count blends as a color…and that’s a whole nuther ball of wax…lol

I appreciate the offer of the marbles, but instead ( if you make em) could you give em to a newbie or a kid at the next show you attend? Just to pass around the fun of marbles to the newcomers.

Up next----does white count as a color?

I'll do just that. I give marbles to kids all the time. The last gig I did at a career day at an elementary school, I gave 600 kids 5 marbles each = 3000 marbles!

In light theory, white is the accumulation of all colors.

Paint is A liquid mixture, usually of a solid pigment in a liquid vehicle, used as a decorative or protective coating.

Historically, paint was made with the yolk of eggs and therefore, the substance would harden and stick onto the surface it is applied to.

I guess if you started with a white base, it wouold be considered a color but that is a guess.

I have failed at 3 attempts to make a sulphide because the figurines I used were not the correct ones. I can't find (been looking for 2 years) fir the correct type. I used Wade from England = bust...lol

I tried COE 104, COE 33 and COE 96 all cracked for me. Davis is good at sulphides and is a glass blower and so is Hogue and he has nice success too. I believe it's the torch that can't surround the figurine fast enough with heat that has caused my troubles.

I'll keep on trying - in a few days a glass blower and I are going to do a co-op art project of marble making. I'll post pictures when we get done.