Wanted - Hop Ching Marbles (With Alley Agate Purple, No Yellow In Set)

Wanted - Hop Ching Marbles (With Alley Agate Purple, No Yellow In Set)

Alley Agate only supplied red, turquoise, green, black, white and purple marbles to the J. Pressman Co. for Hop Ching Chinese Checkers. I would like 1 or 2 sets of these marbles. Or if you don't want to sell, I would like a photo, to go in a book about L. E. Alley.

post-2416-0-13741200-1349459996_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...

On further investigation This traditional story, which my family passed on to me is not true. Sets with Alley Agate yellow are the ones I find. So, the question is, "Are there any sets with Purple rather than yellow?" Here is a very early set in a red box. (I added the dividers.) The Hop Ching board was also in a red box.

post-2416-0-54419000-1355697020_thumb.jp

post-2416-0-52696400-1355697196_thumb.jp

Alley did make yellow and purple game marbles. Some were with a swirled pattern and some did not show a swirl pattern. Alley may have been the main or only one who made the purple game marbles. The largest amounts of Alley game marbles were produced at the St.Marys WV location. Very few were found at the Alley Pennsboro site. The game marbles was a reason for the move to St.Marys. For a larger building,more tanks, machines and much more production.

I cannot get any pictures now. I am having surgery tuesday 11am. I will be gone for a few days.

• 1 month later...

Here is a picture of a Hop Ching bag that does not appear to have yellow and does have the purple. However, it is just a picture that I had saved off the Internet back in 2006 time frame - no idea what source.

I had given up. Glad you found one. Definitely light purple, red, green not turquoise, blue, black, white. I tried using Photoshop to take the pink out of the label and back ground. The marble stayed purple. So, the photo color is accurate.

Correction in first entry; It is finally confirmed. Alley did supply Purple instead of Yellow, but not often. Nearly all bags have yellow rather than purple. Green was some times substituted for Turquoise never both at once.. Blue is used

• 4 months later...