Guess I Need To Recheck My Marbles

mon

And start looking for Lutz??? http://www.ebay.com/itm/AAM-MARBLES-11-16-ALLEY-LUTZ-SWIRL-/170975409831?pt=Marbles&hash=item27ceedb6a7 in your vintage machine mades. And all this from a guy that banned moderators and publicly tried to humiliate some folks for using descriptions in their ebay adds he thought were not correct. Really, Lutz? and those pre corks are just that, not corkscrews.

I don't know who this is and didn't scroll down(ebay listing) to see all the bling and poser stuff. he/she has all the badges to prove it....blahhhhaaaahheehee Lutz, are you kidding!

I golf with some that have $3,000 clubs, tiger underwear and hack divots large enough to plant taters in! lol

Duh, I know who this is! He's another of our finest...post mibs on his board in hopes to get interest and then shizzam......it's for sale to his young following. I posted some pics and the lowballin pms started.

He appraised OR Al's slag at something like $1200 to $1500........gulp........wish he would have used that price sheet when the pms were pounding! I know, just shut up already!

He also has been attempting to acquire mibs from newbies for as little as possible when they post that they have just found some marbles. Seems sleazy all the way. I do not believe he ever offers to give them a fair amount of their value, always asks what they want knowing they have no idea of the marbles worth.

In the heyday when marblealan ran this board, it seemed like a more open and honest community. I know it became a burden to him in the end but he sure was great at it. If I remember right, the topics were all under one heading with ID's, questions and chat all mixed together....it was nice! Crooked people were exposed and good merit rewarded. He used to fight the block's and say what he felt was needed, from top to bottom. I mean no disrespect to you Bob if you happen to read this.......but that is how it was. Now, it seems everyone is so political and self-serving. I didn't agree with everything he said or did and that was ok because everyone would participate. Oh well...glad that I lived it and it was very fun to collect marbles!

Does anyone remember the guy that use to do tattoos and was making peltier type look-a-likes back then?

I forget to be PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Usually on purpose>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>seems to get folks posting>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>one must have a thick skin to except the push back from the Boring PC crowd>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>my skin is like an elephants>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>except not as grey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>marblin sure is fun>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>and it is even more fun when everyone excepts others opinions whether they agree with them or not

After sleeping on it, it was probably self-serving for alan's attempt at toppling Bob & Mark. So, maybe not such a pure time and was to new to see it! Bob, I do enjoy reading your thoughts and put greater value on what you say.

Duh, I know who this is! He's another of our finest...post mibs on his board in hopes to get interest and then shizzam......it's for sale to his young following. I posted some pics and the lowballin pms started.

Yep. Now he's changing people's posts and deleting the ones he doesn't like -- and throwing people off the board who disagree with him. He's quite a boy.

The guy who made marbles was Kelly Schmidt. He's still around on Facebook, but no longer works glass. This was a great board when Alan had it. I'm not complaining about Lou here. People were different then. people were respectful of each other back then or they left the boards. A number of us gathered in a chat room almost nightly and talked sometimes for an hour. All those folks have wandered away. Most got disgusted with the way some of us criticized, belittled and sniped at others. Mostly it was respect. We didn't all agree, but we didn't put others down and name call back then. Those were the good old days.

Yea it was nice, everyone realized others had a opinions that were different from their own and pretty much excepted and respected that fact, Then some members started deciding some folks shouldn't be able to express their opinions. And members ran. I really do miss those days when Alan was around and folks could speak their minds.

Yep. Now he's changing people's posts and deleting the ones he doesn't like -- and throwing people off the board who disagree with him. He's quite a boy.

ann, did you get the boot?

I'm I correct about everything being posted under one heading? It seemed to me that ID's and all help you get to know everyone and the growing knowledge. It was great fun!!!

Is Kelly still into marbles? He posted a lot back then and was interesting.

I remember some really interesting arguments back "in the day", such as what is "true oxblood". Think I copied that one. Les Jones and someone named Jeff (the really bad speller) used to really go at each other on various topics. I also liked the fact that the bad ebay sellers would get exposed. Everyone learned a lot from such open exchanges. Does anyone else remember the passionate arguments over the rare CAC guineas (red and green-based) and of course, the "exotics"? Are these web pages archived anywhere?

ann, did you get the boot?

Yep. After I politely disagreed with him about his definition of a cross-thru (a term he said he had coined) he posted about how he was right and those who had open minds and were willing to learn would agree with him. That snapped my very last nerve, which had been under severe stress for some time. So I told him -- politely -- off. And said "I quit." I received an immediate PM from him -- a hand waving bye-bye -- and of course he deleted the post. Not before some others had read it, however, including one person who saved and reposted it, for which he was banned for life. Another person posted (as I had) that the term was used in Larry Castle & Marlow Peterson's cat's-eye book, not coined by Kevin. He too was banned for life. Don't know if I have the "For Life" status or not, but as far as I'm concerned, it is. The newbies are just gonna have to fend for themselves. Trying to be rational and polite there on a regular basis was forcing me to make too many withdrawals from the Karma Bank.