Ever since I watched that show I would fantasize about finding the ultimate mibster storage locker. A case of World's Best Guinea's, some walnut brag boxes filled with 7/8" Pelt NLRs....gun cases filled with giant handmades.

The tormenting thing is, you know that somewhere out there those exist.

• 4 months later...

The marbles found in the storage locker will appear in tonight's episode of Storage Wars - New York. It airs on A&E at 9PM NYC time and again at 1AM NYC time. Tuesday, July 23. I've seen the marbles and I can say they are pretty interesting. I'm not sure what the guys will say about them on the show, but I would imagine you'll at least be able to see some video of them.

3-1/2 hours of filming for 1 minute of tape. LOL.

It was a large antique 37-hole solitaire board with 1" slags on it. Most were MF Christensen, a few "transitions" and a few Akros. Five were not Mint. Why they chose to focus on the one with the worst damage is beyond me. The board was a lot more impressive in person than it appeared on the tube.

Bob,

Do you think that was a legitimate find? The board and group of slags looked to be the board that Bert had offered me two years ago and then had it on ebay for a while last year, even the same mix of melted pontils and mf slags, same ratio of damge. It is still basically hollywood.

Bill

No idea Bill. I didn't really give it a lot of thought. They asked me to authenticate it and appraise it. Prior to them showing up at the house to film, I had only seen three of the marbles. I didn't know there was a board, or how many marbles there were. I had assumed they showed me the three best marbles and that they were going to show up with a bag of slags.

The way I look at it is, any national publicity that might get someone interested in marble collecting is a good thing.

he put a 3700.00 estimate on it,, but the thing with them shows is they only give you estimates, never a final amount when they sell anything in which i laugh at some of there estimates,, they do that just to enhance the tv show,, that one guy Dave, on the other storage wars actually has a law suit going against the show claiming they set up the rooms to look good,, its all about the ratings,,and i'll still watch it i guess, not doing anything else good,,lol,,,,bj

The episode is "Da Bronx Tale" episode #10. I too wonder how much of those shows are staged. I know someone who was on Pawn Stars and he told me that none of the people on the show were even in the store the first time he went in. They asked him to come back the next day and they were all there then with the film crew. As Bob said, it took hours to film a short segment.