What Do You Think Is Htf?

Hey Everyone!!

Okay thought I talk about this subject.

IYO, what do you think are HTF type/kinds of marbles.

I'll start. I think Akro white base with Yellow cork screw's are almost impossible to find, so I would think they are HTF, if not even rare.

Checking eBay, None in forever. I tell my buddy all the time.....how many do you have? And he just smiles. None.

My picture soon.

I agree with the yellow on white corks. I have 5, but even harder to find are the Akro baby blue spirals or snakes. I've been looking for 17 years and I've only found 4. The turquoise ones are not hard to find I'll show you the difference in color .I allowed some updates this morning and now I can't find my photo files. They have appeared to disappear. I'll work on it. I also found the purple on white base corks htf. I found one in many years and gave it away because I couldn't find 4 more.

The red and pumpkin corks were hard to find. I haven't looked for more in years. My enter key will not start a new line as of today, Makes it hard to post pics and write about . them, Tried to trick it by spacing over and that won't work either. pumpkincorks.jpg The pumpkin on the top row is looking yellow, but in hand it's pumpkin.

I think rare and hard to find are very different terms. When I hear "Rare" I am thinking about a marble that was produced in extremely limited quantities and/or very few are still known to exist. HTF is a very subjective term to me that means in my personal experience I have had great difficulty finding an example of a particular marble whether or not it is a rare speciman in reality. HTF means very few are available to buy to me. There could be thousands of HTF examples in strong hands under lock and key and they would still be HTF if very few were for sale.

I agree they mean different things but there are very few if any actual numbers in writing of how many of any type vintage marble was actually produced. Although we do know how much inventory of certain color slags was on site during early production inventories done each quarter, at Peltier different color combos of opaque types are not really mentioned. There are some numbers available for MFC marbles but other than those I know of none. I am only talking Vintage. I have to say in marbles rare and HTF can seem fairly synonymous since we do not have facts on how many were actually produced. Of course both these terms have an extreme amount of variation to whoever is using the term. Someone that just does ebay vs someone that does ebay and attends shows vs someone that just does stores and flea markets vs someone that does auctions, where you live, who your marble buddies are etc,etc. In CA any CAC is fairly HTF but I would not consider many types Rare although they are rare in CA or are they just HTF?????

Are we talking only Corkscrews? Otherwise, I have a hard time finding Pelt clowns, and those Vitro 8 finger marbles. I have found some fairly rare marbles in my time. A MK Hercules, MK Dragonfly, CAC Peach slag and even a MFC moss agate. But just can't seem to find clowns or 8 finger Vitro....

When I say "find" I am talking in the wild. Like at garage sales, flea markets or antique stores/shows often in a jar.

• 2 years later...