A New Type Of Lutz Marble Discovered

Nice!!!!

3 RIBBON BANDED LUTZ 43/64" (0.675") 9.2 This unusual and very hard to find antique handmade marble has three lutz bands running between couple of pontils. two ribbons are bordered with thin white lines and one ribbon is bordered with blue lines on a black base glass. There are only as made imperfections on an otherwise unplayed with pristine surface. A rare antique marble.

Winning Bid: $ 1,100.00 + 15% both ways

http://www.rtam.com/americanmarble/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi

Nice!!!!

3 RIBBON BANDED LUTZ 43/64" (0.675") 9.2 This unusual and very hard to find antique handmade marble has three lutz bands running between couple of pontils. two ribbons are bordered with thin white lines and one ribbon is bordered with blue lines on a black base glass. There are only as made imperfections on an otherwise unplayed with pristine surface. A rare antique marble.

Winning Bid: $ 1,100.00 + 15% both ways

http://www.rtam.com/americanmarble/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi

That's really a different kind of lutz, and more common than mine. Yours is a 3 band Indian lutz. Mine has a clear base and the red panels are made out op thin red lines like a Josephs coat.

Hi Jeroen: I believe there is a collector in Canada who has at least one , if not more, of this type Lutz in his collection. You are very familiar with this collector, however, I do not want to give out his name on a chat board without his permission. Send me an e-mail and I will give you contact information, if you wish. Best regards, Bob.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for sharing, Hansel. Yes, it has the exact same construcion. Is this bead yours? Do you know how old it is and where it came from?

Hi JVV, I've had this bead many years - can't remember where I got it, and no idea how old it is. As rare as it is, bead collectors don't place that much of an additional premium on something that is already uncommon. For example, it's very difficult to find a genuine clambroth marble bead, but when you do, they don't cost 10+ as much as an ordinary marble bead. I probably did not pay much more for this 'lutz' bead than for a usual marble bead. Bead dealers seem less mercenary than marble dealers. regards, Hansel

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...