They Look Better Every Day

winnie

I can't remember if we heard for sure that someone was currently making marbles over there. Maybe I'm blocking it out in my continuing hope that we're finding the real deal from that part of the world.

It would be so great to hear from someone there who could tell us what marbles they had access to in the 30's to 60's.

Some of the ones currently posted look new (using an older technique). The one I posted actually looks old. Hard to say. I'm sure someone from Bulgaria knows something unless it's only one guy in a basement churning them out. Which it could very well be.

Steph, your gut says they could be older?

I'm impressed by the hand gathers. But it's more wishful thinking than my gut. There had to be some marbles in the Eastern Bloc countries, but I have no idea what they would have looked like. Maybe after WWII they were all clay. No idea at all.

I don't have any idea what's going on at this other place.

But if we're making 'general' comments, I'd like to counter with

'Moderators often prevent nuclear holocaust'.

This doesn't seem like a bad thing.

You have to be pretty heavy-duty to do this sort of 'balancing-act' well. ( :

I would think hand gathered will be the first marble's to crumble in price for long term because of the way they can be duplicated.Unless there is a way to put a test to glass density/color how can you tell? Given choices I would say the first listing is a "modern".... the second has an older look to it......but what the heck is an older look???