True North From D.a.s. Marbles In Pennsboro, Wv

The run took place September 29, 2010. We made some gorgeous marbles. Lots of color and pattern. A new pattern called "Rams head" which I haven't photographed yet, but you can see them on ebay.

edna-keeper-2.jpg

There are more lutz and or frit marbles than ever before. I have sorted 5 boxes and found more than 5 quarts so far. One box to go. Tom Summers applied all the embellishments and no one cherry picked. We have a system devised that divides the marbles as evenly among all investors as humanly possible.

edna-keeper-3.jpg

Rows 1 and 2 and 5 and 6 have superman colors, but no pattern evenly remotely connected to Peltier.

Edna, while admiring these again today I noticed the marble right in the center of picture #1. (3rd. marble in 4th. row)

It could easily be the hood emblem on an extremely colorful Dodge pick up truck,

which lead me to wonder if it's one of the 'ram's head' designs.

You are correct. It is. I haven't done any pics showing the the sides where you can see the ram's horns yet. For me, the way Linda and I handled this run was our True North and the way David worked at getting his rollers, cutters, tank, etc. marble patterns, and colors was David's true north. For a better explanation see JABOLAND. I posted Robb Forehand's explanation from research there because he said it better than I could.

I have samples of many of the recent runs, so I've got a smattering of rams horns. Including two crystal superman ones ... which are as delicious as they sound.

No full-blown rams horn in my True North box, but that's okay. :)

My sorting so far has been sorting for families of marbles. Occasionally, in sorting, I found a really good Ram and pulled it out and placed it with my lutz/frit marbles. They don't all have 2 horns perfectly formed. I need to look for more of those after I get through sorting by family. Good ones are in there. Some with one good horn and a partial horn on the other side are in there. Then there are young rams with very short horns.

My sorting so far has been sorting for families of marbles. Occasionally, in sorting, I found a really good Ram and pulled it out and placed it with my lutz/frit marbles. They don't all have 2 horns perfectly formed. I need to look for more of those after I get through sorting by family. Good ones are in there. Some with one good horn and a partial horn on the other side are in there. Then there are young rams with very short horns.

Edna .. is there a way to tell when the ram .. reaches .. maturity .. :cool-smileys-262: ......... bill