Is There

mon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mon, there is a name for this example of pelt, (did not come from me) its call the "Bacon and Eggs".

"Bacon and Eggs"- a tannish (kinda translucent base) with ribbons of yellow traced with white opaque.

"Tracer" a family type with the translucent whiteish base with the colored opaque or transparent ribbons, traced with opaque white

"Angels" a family type with the tannish base glass with opaque swirls of color, note: there are ribbon types of this also especially in the red and blue examples.

I can see your point and thinking about it, you do have a point, (BUT) the "Angel" types differ from the "Bacon and Egg" types. The "Angel" types do not carry the tracer that rides along the other one making it a different type run. Peltier made millions of examples with this tannish base glass in many many run types. breaking these pelt types down and discussing them really helps to understand the many variations they produced. Chuck G--

Mon, there is a name for this example of pelt, (did not come from me) its call the "Bacon and Eggs".

Glad you didn't originate this one, Chuck! Whoever did was obviously stretching things to include "uncooked bacon" as a color. Nu-uh. Not goin' there. Gotta have brown & crispy for me!

getting to be alot of names for me .. would be nice to see the " list " and a description and matching pic in the .. peltier ... book in the making. kinda like a visual update ... :blush: ........ bill

Agree!!!

Glad you didn't originate this one, Chuck! Whoever did was obviously stretching things to include "uncooked bacon" as a color. Nu-uh. Not goin' there. Gotta have brown & crispy for me!

White bacon..........?

"Bacon and Eggs"- a tannish (kinda translucent base) with ribbons of yellow traced with white opaque.

"Tracer" a family type with the translucent whiteish base with the colored opaque or transparent ribbons, traced with opaque white

"Angels" a family type with the tannish base glass with opaque swirls of color, note: there are ribbon types of this also especially in the red and blue examples.

I can see your point and thinking about it, you do have a point, (BUT) the "Angel" types differ from the "Bacon and Egg" types. The "Angel" types do not carry the tracer that rides along the other one making it a different type run. Peltier made millions of examples with this tannish base glass in many many run types. breaking these pelt types down and discussing them really helps to understand the many variations they produced. Chuck G--

I will post it when it comes. I bought this with approx 6 or 7 others that I was hoping are angels. I don't have any of this type and figured I may learn the hard way. Can you post a tracer next to the same color angel? I been searching past posts and looking back at the lot I bought........I gotta tell you, it's clear as mud for me at this point. Thanks in advance!

Angels do not have white.

What if white was in the same place as either the blue, red or green on the same base? Ron, do you have matching colored traces you could put side by side in a pic or two? I see some that are 4 ribbon called angels......

Chuck states that "Angels" have a tannish base glass with opaque swirl colors.....in the photo Ron has as an example of a red "Angel" looks to be a transparent swirl color so, not an "Angel".

I would like to get a proper identifying description of these marbles....not a thumbs up or down depending on who you ask. Some say the value goes up when the base glass is more muddy or darker mud. How little "mud" color is acceptable?

I have "Tracers" with a wide variety of base glass hues! Some are UV and some not.

The base glass of this "Bacon & Egg" is not the bright translucent color found on some "Tracers" or "Angel-Like" examples. At mibbage.com is what I'm calling a red "Angle-Like" example listed for $45 that they call a K&M. Old school K&M were always on a white base but things may have changed?

Not sure why this is not in the "Angel" line having a tannish base with white instead of green,red or blue?

Hope everyone can help nailing down the "Angel" question because in most of the old post people are asking and opinions vary. thanks

Mon, this is the best way i can do for you as in describing them. I sometimes take trips and do not get back to certain posts, i must appologize for that. To start with, the pelt "BaconnEggs i did not name, yes, its in the sumwhat "tracer" family but its one that is sumwhat HTF in this color combo. "Tracers" term came from Ottawa Illinois with two colors riding side by side, some white opaque color ribbons along side yellow ribbons, like mentioned above. Here is a list from easiest to hardest to find on the "Angels".

"Red Angel"-a (dominate) tannish/earthtone translucent base with swirls or ribbons of (either) opaque or transparent yellow and red

"Blue Angel"-a (dominate) tannish/earthtone translucent base with swirls or ribbons of (either) opaque or transparent yellow and blue

"Green Angel"-a (dominate) tannish/earthtone translucent base with swirls or ribbons of (either) opaque or transparent yellow and green

This is what i have found for most part and have seen others. For most part on the "Red Angels" the red is transparent red, and the yellow is opaque, mostly seen in the ribbon types. The "Blue Angels" on the blue i have seen both types of blue, opaque as well as transparent, and are both swirls and ribboned types. The "Green Angels" on the green is mostly opaque green and opaque yellow, most of these are the swirl types. A foot note: remember that some ribboned types can be swirled (looking) because of the machined rollers turning faster to make them look swirled.

Another note: do not let a deeper translucent off white base fool you on these because i have seen examples that is really close to the vintage "Angel" types, but they ARE NOT the tannish/earthtone base. Hope this sumwhat clarifies this for you, and for most part most collectors seem to agree. Chuck G--

post-2867-0-34378300-1423073512_thumb.jp

Chuck,

In post #5 your identifying tips for a tracer vs angel was the color of base glass and opaque or translucent ribbons and if I read post #15 correctly it is the base glass alone?

How dominate of a tannish color is the crux of the matter......can someone show the range of acceptance in two marbles?

Is this an Angel?

c1c5792db117224ee0f00f4a6993f549_zps8cnl

Mon, you and Darlas feedback is great and love this type of conversations which helps EVERYONE to understand the identifying factors to qualify a certain marble. We All have certain ideas and factors to what we have learned over all the years and lean in many directions towards certain marbles. The names help, some people hate names but its funny when they were born they were given a name, and we all have a certain look to each one of us, right! Just a point that is warrented to properly do the ids of marbles to be easily understood by all. Mon, your second to the last photo is one that i wanted to point out in the post, it is not in my opinion not an "Angel", this one is the one with the off whitish translucent base that many mistake for an "Angel". Dont get me wrong on yours, its still a very fine and sought after lookalike to the true "Angel". Darla is right also on (NO) white to any of the "Angels" also, even though there could be an example out there that does have some white to it, anything is possible. Mon, your last post with my old computor i cannot tell to good with these on the colors. The tannish/earthtone is a (have to) on the base glass. I agree there are many shades to this that can be found and i have seen some that do fall inbetween the translucent and tan base. Looking for the real nice rich tan that is unmistakable is what you want. All three "Angels" can be found with some searching and once in awhile they do come up for sale. All three are on the upper scale of HTF, green one the VVHTF. I have had a few of the "Red Angels" and sold or traded the extras. Now sizes of these will range also from the smaller 9/16ths sizes up to almost the 3/4 size. Another footnote: most of all of peltiers production runs was mostly these sizes because these three sizes went well in the kids hands. Mon, can you get a little better photo of the last ones posted. Chuck G--

Here is the link in an old thread..... http://marbleconnection.com/topic/17016-peltier-angels/?hl=angel will show you a few different "Angels" or so called by older collectors.....not picking on anyone involved. How many do you think are Angels? Alan called one a variant Angel and I think it fits, that sold for $425 back in the day. I don't think it's as known by most as you think. This is how we all learn and narrowing things down and having a reason for why is important to all of us. Thanks for helping! NO one has answered my question about all thing being equal but white in the place of red, green & blue.....is it a white angel? The e-bay link Petidoll shows..http://www.ebay.com/itm/321656630902?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D321656630902%26_rdc%3D1..how is it not an angel? It sure has a very tannish base! thanks, mon

NO one has answered my question about all thing being equal but white in the place of red, green & blue.....is it a white angel?

If it has that same custardy base and the same six ribbon distribution, I understand someone lobbying for that name. So far though, I wouldn't say it is a white angel, since I've never until now heard anyone so much as mention it.

But that could change. You could make the case and the name could catch on. If everything else was a match.

Mon, to answer your last post. Who really knows what varients there could have been made pertaining to the "Angel" family types. I see your point on the colors you mentioned of white yellow on a tan base. This pelt Bacon&Eggs is similiar to what you are talking about, Because if i am not mistaken this is an rainbo family type a later run than the "Angel" family which is much earlier. I will go back to the old post and reread it again and come back with some more thoughts. I do totally understand what you are saying and looking real similiar to the "Angel" family, then why not an "Angel"? One group an early possible NLR type and a later run a Rainbo type. Chuck G--

I'll ask again.....how many and what ones are Angels in this thread http://marbleconnection.com/topic/17016-peltier-angels/?hl=angel? I see the same or close to the same base as the first Blue one I posted. (post #17)

I'm not trying or lobbying to make my Bacon & Egg an Angel. I'm trying to point out the confusion and understand.

Are they NLR or a transition between NLR and rainbow like I have read in other posts?

The marble on mibbage.com.http://mibbage.com/peltier.htm..is that a NLR or Rainbo?